Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   My little A H Fox is on its way (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19303)

Brian Hornacek 06-24-2016 11:11 PM

My little A H Fox is on its way

6 Attachment(s)
About a year ago I cam across this 20 gauge Fox Sterlingworth for sale with no wood. The gun is as solid as a rock sporting 28" barrels and extractors. I called Chris Dawe and asked him if he was interested in a project putting together a custom Fox? He was very interested in taking it on but as always was extremely humble and reserved about the work as he had never done any significant metal reshaping for a custom. My comment to him was "if it doesn't work out just chuck it in Ocean", which is walking distance from his house, and we can salvage a few bucks out of the barrels. Two months ago Chris found the time to get things going and with very little direction from me on what i wanted started removing metal creating the gun you see below. I can tell you this gun will not be found in Seal Cove!

The blank came from Cecil in AZ and will sport a Prince of Whales grip, horn heel and toes clips, horn forearm tip and a silver shield. The measurements we decided on are 14 5/8" 1 1/2" and 2 1/4" with a few degrees of pitch to keep it on my shoulder for the second shot.

I hope you enjoy the photo's as much as have.

Jim DiSpagno 06-24-2016 11:56 PM

Nice Brian. Chris is a true craftsman who does extremely fine work and is way too self critical. He has produced work that rivals the best in the business. Too bad he is north of the border. Thanks for the pics. Jim

Angel Cruz 06-25-2016 07:48 AM

Can't wait to see the finished work.

Rick Losey 06-25-2016 07:57 AM

Brian- i can complement you on your taste

and very high complements to Chris -you north of the border guys are very lucky to have him

can't wait to see the finished project

Phillip Carr 06-25-2016 09:15 AM

Very nice metal work and a knockout piece of wood to complement it. I would love to own that gun. Chris is finishing an upgrade checkering job on my CSMC A-10 Deluxe. Turning out incrdible. Chris is a true artist.

Brian Dudley 06-25-2016 11:51 AM

The metal alterations to the frame are very nice. Nice work on the bolsters. This is an area that does
Not get worked over much on a lot of custom foxes.

Bill Davis 06-25-2016 01:59 PM

Wow--that's going to be a very special shotgun. Please continue to share the journey with us.

chris dawe 06-25-2016 05:12 PM

Thanks for all the kind words guys ,it is no doubt a fun project

Mike Franzen 06-27-2016 11:15 PM

Yes please keep those pics coming. I never get tired of seeing Chris Dawes work.

chris dawe 06-28-2016 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Franzen (Post 197850)
Yes please keep those pics coming. I never get tired of seeing Chris Dawes work.

Very kind of you to say Mike ....I see it every day , but I must say - at about 8:30 each evening i'm pretty tired of looking at it;)