Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Returning member..(after 10 years!) (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21619)

Jerry VanHorn 06-03-2017 02:38 PM

Returning member..(after 10 years!)

Back in the fold after a few years. I joined when we all chipped in to copy the records at Remington ! Lived in Fl. then, and we had tables at all the shows. I was President of the Palm Beach Gun Collectors then. Jerry Smith and I used to attend the Lakeland show together. Life happens..I helped my son start his business..sold mine to my partner...Sold our home in West Palm Beach,and bought a farm in the Ozarks..Sold 12 Parkers..and several other doubles to finance all of it. Jerry Smith ended up with my straight grip VH 20. Sold my Squirrel Copy..(still have a trimmed original )..still have a couple vises that I use all the time..several catalogs..and a Parker clock ! Bought a nice 16 Trojan today..(except for a cracked forend)..Looking forward to adding to my gun room again..JV..

Dave Suponski 06-03-2017 05:05 PM

Welcome back Jerry!

Dean Romig 06-03-2017 11:43 PM

Hi Jerry - Welcome back!

I ended up with a few or the things you sold off, and I'm still happy with my purchases from you!

Good to see you back in the fold!

Dean

Jerry VanHorn 06-04-2017 08:26 AM

Return..

Dean..I recognize the name. Still have few things "double"..and I still find an occasional LC or Fox item. I was thinking that someone should do a run of the Squirrel poster..so all the newer members can get one for their gun room. I have an original..(remember the coffee stain ?) that has been trimmed that I bought at Tulsa 15 years ago..Let me know if you have anything for sale..and your thoughts on a Squirrel reprint project...Jerry...870-847-5771..

Mike Franzen 06-05-2017 11:13 PM

Hey Jerry welcome back. I'm looking forward to meeting you sometime. I'm not familiar with the squirrel poster but it sounds interesting.

Jerry VanHorn 06-06-2017 09:20 AM

The Squirrel poster was a Parker advertising piece. Shows a..."squirrel" There was a run of them done years ago. As I recall, I bought mine from Ron Kirby..Then I bought a trimmed original at Tulsa. Makes a nice framed gun room item. Should be an easy project for someone in the club with a friend in the printing business !

Jerry VanHorn 06-06-2017 02:55 PM

Poll posted under PGCA Member Announcements for a possible poster reprint. So far...100%...YES..........

Bill Murphy 06-14-2017 12:03 PM

Jerry Smith is a great collector who lived just across a corn field from me for decades until he moved a bit farther north a few years ago. Congratulations on owning some of his castoffs. His castoffs are other collector's prizes.

Jerry VanHorn 06-14-2017 02:45 PM

Jerry had a place just south of our house in West Palm. We used to go to the Lakeland Show.. Prince of a guy..jv..