Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Website & Forum - Help & Assistance (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "Forum jump" problem (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12449)

ron belanger 01-17-2014 09:56 PM

"Forum jump" problem

When I go to the "forum jump" I cannot drag the scroll thingy on the side of the jump box...Therefore I can only look at subjects that are viewable within the box. I grab the side scroll bar and it won't move down...I have no problem with any of the other scroll bars except this one... :confused:

Dean Romig 01-17-2014 09:59 PM

Have you tried rebooting your computer?

ron belanger 01-17-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 126935)
Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Well, I would reboot but the scroll works in all other instances but the "forum jump" one...trying a reboot now.

Dean Romig 01-17-2014 10:04 PM

Hmmm....... :corn:

ron belanger 01-17-2014 10:07 PM

Re-booted...same thing. Can't use the scroll on the forum jump...after studying my computer I think it's a glitch in Google Chrome...There is usually a top and bottom "arrow" at each end of the scroll bar where you can just click to scroll rather than "drag" and there are none now...not sure why but I think they got lost somehow??

Might have to reload Chrome...??

Dean Romig 01-17-2014 10:13 PM

I just started having a problem with the PGCA website not functioning as it should.

Previously I would receive an email when there was a reply to a thread I had posted or replied to.... Now I get no such emails and I've rebooted several times and reset my PGCA website preferences.

ron belanger 01-17-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 126942)
I just started having a problem with the PGCA website not functioning as it should.

Previously I would receive an email when there was a reply to a thread I had posted or replied to.... Now I get no such emails and I've rebooted several times and reset my PGCA website preferences.

Dean, I tried another browser called "Safari" and the little arrows are present in this browser and the forum jump is working as it should. Thanks for the help! A Google chrome glitch for sure...

Dean Romig 01-17-2014 10:28 PM

Hmmm... I use Google Chrome too....

Thanks for the tip.

John Dallas 01-18-2014 09:00 AM

I'm using Chrome, and I'm not receiving notifications either

John Dunkle 01-18-2014 09:45 AM

Hi guys,

I'm using chrome - and the forum code is tested with IE (versions 8 through 11), Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and most major tablet browsers.. Each has their "own set of issues" ;) - and with all the browser updates, is a little daunting to fix the minor issues - as with every upgrade from the browser companies - they usually introduce another "glitch".. :eek:

Anyway - let me reset my mail servers (there are two mail servers which support this forum and my others) and see if you folks start getting notices again..? That one concerns me - so, keep me updated on that, OK??

Best to all..!

John