Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New member with newly inherited gun (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39395)

Rick Berry 06-08-2023 08:58 PM

New member with newly inherited gun

9 Attachment(s)
I recently inherited a Parker that was my deceased father in law. He had taken it apart many years ago with the intention of restoring it but never got a round to it. Some of the parts are missing. Mainly the forehand grip latch. I was assured that the pieces are in his garage but I have not been able to locate them. So I will need to hunt down and purchase these parts. Any help will be greatly appreciated. The goal is make it as close to original as possible. I’ve already joined PGCA and sent for a research letter. I’m sure money and finding a good gunsmith will be involved in this project.

Richard Flanders 06-08-2023 11:04 PM

You have a project ahead of you, but don't give up!! It can be done.

CraigThompson 06-09-2023 12:31 AM

I’d take the garage apart until I laid my hands on the forend iron and hopefully the wood .

Steve Huffman 06-09-2023 07:13 AM

There is a complete forend for sale on Guns International for your gun may or may not fit

Mike Koneski 06-09-2023 09:16 AM

G grade 2 frame, nice gun. That stock will need a bit of reinforcing, you can see the split. That can be done professionally and you'll never know there was ever an issue. The rest should clean up nicely. Hope you find that fore-end and iron! As Craig said, tear that garage apart!!

Rick Berry 06-09-2023 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I actually have the fore-end. Just didn’t post a pic of it before.

William Woods 06-09-2023 07:21 PM

Rick,

Post the serial number on the "Lost and Found" section to see if any of the members may have some parts for your gun.

Brian Dudley 06-09-2023 08:04 PM

I have tons of forend irons and latches.

The buttstock looks plenty salvageable. But the head will need some repairs.

Arthur Shaffer 06-16-2023 08:44 PM

It looks like the gun was disassembled incorrectly and two pieces broken out of the stock head, in addition to the crack. Be sure you take it apart carefully and retrieve the two stock pieces from the frame to use in the stock repair.

Rick Berry 06-16-2023 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur Shaffer (Post 390449)
It looks like the gun was disassembled incorrectly and two pieces broken out of the stock head, in addition to the crack. Be sure you take it apart carefully and retrieve the two stock pieces from the frame to use in the stock repair.

Thats what I thought. A little afraid to take it apart. heard they are a beast to put back together if you have not done it before