Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Single Barrel Trap Shotguns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Lady with Parker Single Barell Trap (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8966)

Pat Dugan 12-18-2012 10:51 AM

Lady with Parker Single Barell Trap

4 Attachment(s)
These pictures were taken at Radium Springs, Albany Ga., in 1955 or so. It must have been A state tournament , there are a lot of people with ATA Patches. The lady third from left has a Parker single barell trap gun. During this period of time a lot of women were Trap shooters.

PDD

charlie cleveland 12-18-2012 12:04 PM

a fine looking group they are...and such a good number of them...and that one lady looks like shes shooting a gun a few sizes to big for her..ha fine pictures they are.... thanks for them charlie

Bill Murphy 12-18-2012 01:10 PM

The guy third from the right is Fred Missildine, the pro at the Sea Island Gun Club. I could probably figure out a couple more, but not off the top of my head. The lady to Fred's left may be Evelyn Primm. I am fairly sure it is she because she is sporting a Sports Afield All-American patch. They are great pictures.

Pat Dugan 12-18-2012 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
one more picture, These pictures were found in the trash at the New location of now Called flint Skeet and Trap in 1964. They were kept in a file in the home of John Hogg a locol retired DA of Dougherty County, Albany Ga.

Bill Murphy 12-18-2012 06:48 PM

Sorry, I don't recognize any of those folks, who seem to be local members of the club.

Bob Jurewicz 12-18-2012 06:58 PM

Sorry Bill. Thought I moved it.
Senior moment

Bill Murphy 12-18-2012 07:20 PM

Bob, nice picture but wrong thread.

Ed Blake 12-21-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Murphy (Post 89700)
The guy third from the right is Fred Missildine, the pro at the Sea Island Gun Club. I could probably figure out a couple more, but not off the top of my head. The lady to Fred's left may be Evelyn Primm. I am fairly sure it is she because she is sporting a Sports Afield All-American patch. They are great pictures.

I have Fred Missildine's little book on Better Trapshooting. It was published back in the '70s by Winchester Press. Great little book. He's pictured on the cover shooting in white bucks with breton red slacks. Vintager in his own way. Love those pictures. None of the trap guns being used look like a space gun or some other alien contraption.

Pat Dugan 12-21-2012 02:14 PM

What I was amazed about was all the silver Trophy's and the number of Women Trap shooters in 1955, around Albany and the State of Ga. Flint Skeet and trap in Albany moved from the original site in 1964.
The now location is a paid for site with a club house, 4 trap ranges , a 5 stand with 8 machines, 5 skeet fields, and approximately 80 acres and now less than 60 members. If the membership gets down to nothing the area is to be sold and the money donated to charity around Albany, Ga. But who is going to want it with all the lead.

Chuck Bishop 12-21-2012 02:59 PM

The lady, 3rd from the left in the first picture looks to be holding an Ithaca not a Parker.

What do others think?