Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Who says Parker Reproductions aren't collectible? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22086)

Scot Cardillo 08-26-2017 12:11 AM

Who says Parker Reproductions aren't collectible?

46 Attachment(s)
I make no claim to be a photographer but, I hope you will enjoy the following photo's of a pair of Parker Reproductions that I was extraordinarily fortunate to happen upon. This post is also intended to recognize a member that I think we are all fortunate to have amongst us. I hereby nominate Greg Baehman as the official PGCA expert on all things Parker Reproduction. Thanks for the mentorship and your guidance Greg. Let us not forget to recognize Mr. Skeuse for his ambition and ability to see it through.

Here's to you Greg and here's to Mr. Skeuse :cheers:

Tony Guccioni 08-26-2017 04:05 AM

Great effort .... nice photos.
What are the specifications ?

Dean Romig 08-26-2017 07:09 AM

I'm very, very impressed with that matched set and the photography and your staging, but even more impressed with that two-gun trunk case. I had never seen one before today, much less known of the existence of such a case.
Indeed congrats to Tom Skuese for his vision and certainly to Greg Baehman for his knowledge and guidance.

And thank you Scot for sharing it with us.

Matt Buckley 08-26-2017 10:28 AM

Great pictures. Nice stuff.

Greg Baehman 08-26-2017 10:43 AM

You're too nice Scot. I very much appreciate the compliment, but there several others here that are just as knowledgable, maybe more so, that are willing to the share their knowledge of these not only great, but collectible guns.

What Scot is showing us here in this thread are indeed rare birds. A consecutive numbered pair of Steel Shot Specials. What makes them even more rare and special is that they appear to be unfired with straight grips, splinter forends and double triggers -- and that's without mentioning the ultra rare, maybe unique, motor case.

:cheers:

Scot Cardillo 08-26-2017 10:57 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Greg, you are the first to share what you know and you are the first to say you don't know - you're being far too modest.

00175 - Parker Reproduction Steel Shot Special - Double triggers, English grip, Splinter fore-end, 28” barrel with 3” chambers, Chrome lined bores, Choked IC / MOD

The length of pull (lop) = 14-1/4”

The drop at comb (dac) = 1-9/16”

The drop at heel (dah) = 2-1/4”

The weight of the butt = 3lb - 9.2oz

The weight of the 28” barrel is 3lb - 2.3oz

The weight of the fore-end is 7.4oz

The weight of the gun overall is 7lb - 2.9oz

Choke Left - .722 Choke Right - .727 (I have not yet measured the bores)

Overall Length is 44 - 1/4”

--

00176 - Parker Reproduction Steel Shot Special - Double triggers, English grip, Splinter fore-end, 28” barrel with 3” chambers, Chrome lined bores, Choked IC / MOD

The length of pull (lop) = 14-5/16””

The drop at comb (dac) = 1-3/8””

The drop at heel (dah) = 2-1/8”

The weight of the butt = 3lb - 8.2oz

The weight of the 28” barrel is 3lb - 2.3oz

The weight of the fore-end is 7.5oz

The weight of the gun overall is 7lb - 2oz

Choke Left - .722 Choke Right - .727 (I have not yet measured the bores)

Overall Length is 44 - 5/16”

*I actually have measured the bores - however, I forgot to jot the numbers down. Maybe Greg can save me the trouble of setting up a bore gage (I sent the numbers to him at one point) Greg?

Greg Baehman 08-26-2017 11:25 AM

Unfortunately Scot, I didn't record your guns bore diameters as I was only comparing them to the SSS that I had at the time. The SSS I had has .731 bores and I seem to to recall that yours measured the same, but I could be misremembering.

Scot Cardillo 08-26-2017 12:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
With all the long-haired fuzzy dogs that seem to rule the roost around here, this thread wouldn’t be complete without a short-haired pointing dog who ‘might’ be a shade spoiled.

..here we have Kansas putting forth his best effort to thwart the endeavor to photograph these guns because he does not have my undivided attention. (note the lack eye-contact)

..next, we have Kansas sulking because he does not have my undivided attention.

..and finally, here we have Kansas following a good deal of shotgun-handling in concert with several trips to the safe. (taken previously)

I hope you’ve enjoyed the pictures, thanks for looking them over - been meaning to take pics for a good while now. Bore measurements are on the to-do list.

charlie cleveland 08-26-2017 02:56 PM

fine set of guns and amatching case hope you find more of these type guns....charlie

Bill Murphy 08-26-2017 03:24 PM

Scot, my Wirehair, Eva, can climb that tree.