Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I Got My New Parker Pages Today! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29428)

Dean Romig 02-21-2020 06:38 PM

I Got My New Parker Pages Today!

Today Mister Postman put my new Parker Pages in my mailbox as I watched from the window. I was in such a hurry to run out and get it I almost ran out of the house with no shoes on.

I've read most of it now and see some brand new authors and some great articles and good pictures illustrating them.
I don't hesitate for a second to say our editors, Mike and Susan, have done a superb piece of work on this, their inaugural issue.

Most of you don't have any idea what they have gone through in dealing with the USPS in getting US Form 3526-R and 3510 filled out and recorded with the proper postal authorities.... (the USPS didn't even know.... but that's another story.) Suffice to say that Mike and Susan have really shown us what they're made of in taking the challenge and seeing it through to fruition. What a great job they've done and what a great issue of Parker Pages we have!!

:clap::cheers::bowdown:

Mike Koneski 02-21-2020 07:31 PM

Thanks a bunch Dean. We are truly happy and humbled that “The Godfather” gave his heartfelt approval!! To quote Wayne’s World, “We’re not worthy...” :bowdown::rotf::rotf:

BTW, in case the readers missed it, beginning with the next issue (Summer 2020) Parker Pages will be printed with all full color pictures!! Woot-Woot!!

Dean Romig 02-21-2020 07:49 PM

The fact that you were able to accomplish something I wasn’t able to accomplish in all my years at the helm (that of a 48 page full-color magazine) isn’t simply a feather in your caps but is more aptly a fantastic plume in your caps.

And BTW, you definitely ARE WORTHY!!

charlie cleveland 02-21-2020 08:04 PM

i got my parker pages today...i ve done read it cover to cover...so many good stories... charlie

Chuck Bishop 02-21-2020 08:07 PM

Great work Mike and Sam! And Sam, keep a tight rein on Mike. Please don't let him put paronomasia in the Parker Pages. :eek:

CraigThompson 02-21-2020 08:21 PM

Alright so I got a new guy to complain to when mine gets to Central Virginia a month or so after every one else in the entire free world already has theirs :rotf:

Michael Moffa 02-21-2020 09:01 PM

Got mime today, Great Issue! Mike, thanks for the acknowledgement on the images and the cover.

Jerry Harlow 02-21-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 294162)
Alright so I got a new guy to complain to when mine gets to Central Virginia a month or so after every one else in the entire free world already has theirs :rotf:

Maybe that's why they are late getting to Virginia. It is not the free world anymore under Mein Fuhrer Northam. They have to intercept them and add your name to the Gestapo's list.

Gary Carmichael Sr 02-22-2020 11:10 AM

Well here in the western part of the state they come pretty quick, got mine on the 20th, great read congrats to the new editors, Gary

Robert Brooks 02-22-2020 11:51 AM

I got mine yesterday and it is great!There are some Parkers that live near Washington Georgia. Bobby