Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Member New Gun (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28634)

Daniel B Sweet 11-21-2019 09:46 AM

New Member New Gun

Just purchased a CHE 12 gauge 216322 which is not only my first Parker but also my first SxS. This gun has the following features, 30" Vent Rib; Beavertail Forend; SST; Checkered Side Panels; Skeletonized Buttplate. Serial numbers at various locations match. I call the grip a Price of Whales style round knob no grip cap. This gun is so new to me that it is actually "In the mail". Oh, one more thing it has been restored by DelGrego back in the sixties. I joke with my Pheasant hunting buddies who use Arrietta's that I have come to the dark side, I have been using my Beretta AL390 forever. I am sending out my request for a letter today, curious to find out more about this gun.

Randy G Roberts 11-21-2019 12:21 PM

Hello Dan. That's a real nice Parker to start with for sure. The C's are wonderful. Be interesting to see how the letter turns out. The serialization book shows your gun as having a straight stock with only ejectors as an option
with no mention of the VR or BTFE. That doesn't mean they are not right and hopefully the letter will help clarify that for you. The boys around here like pics if you can post some of your new find. Good luck with it and welcome aboard !

Mills Morrison 11-21-2019 12:54 PM

Welcome Dan! Like Randy says, that is a great first Parker

Bill Murphy 11-21-2019 06:51 PM

You should not be disappointed if your letter does not give information on the original purchaser. The "order book" period ends in 1919, so your letter will probably only give information on the specifications of the gun itself. It sounds like a great gun.

Ed Norman 11-21-2019 07:35 PM

Welcome Dan,
What a nice first parker to start with. I am a newer member in here and really enjoy all the input and help I have recieved in this forum.

Daniel B Sweet 11-21-2019 10:28 PM

Waiting for the Stork

As I said in my initial post, I have not yet received my CHE it's "In the mail". Sure seems like a long wait, I am hopeful it is worth anticipation. When I get the gun I'll try to post some pictures, that could be a challenge, not too good with a camera or computer. Question, can you shoot Hi-Brass 5's for Pheasant's in this?

Daniel B Sweet 11-21-2019 10:53 PM

CHE Pictures

4 Attachment(s)
I didn't take these pictures, if they even show up here but I'll give it a try.

Daniel B Sweet 11-21-2019 11:08 PM

More pictures CHE

2 Attachment(s)
I checked and saw that my first try at attaching photo's worked out so here are a few more.

David Gehman 11-22-2019 06:11 PM

Letter aside, that is a beautiful gun.

Daniel B Sweet 11-22-2019 06:16 PM

Just a thank you

Say Grouse28 thanks for that. I'll be receiving the gun this Monday.:rotf: