Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   PGCA Member Questions & Announcements (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Volunteer’s Thread for PGCA display booth/tables at Hausemann’s (Vintagers) (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28016)

Russell E. Cleary 08-25-2019 04:08 PM

Volunteer’s Thread for PGCA display booth/tables at Hausemann’s (Vintagers)

I would like to hear from any PGCA Members who are interested in coordinating a loose schedule to man the PGCA gun display table at Hausemann’s in September 2019. My understanding is that, thus far, we have (4) table cloths and one wall banner received at Hausemann’s, but no identified crew to man the display table.

I am not looking to be the leader of this, having never been involved in gun displays before; but I do wish to hear from others who are willing to contribute, so a plan can be put in place.

I suggest for these discussions we communicate via email, and not on this Thread or by Private Message on this Forum. Mine is skipjack93@yahoo.com.

I also ask that others who have done this before, especially Members from other regions who will not be a part of this, pass on some advice as to how one of these display projects can avoid pitfalls and be best executed.

Thank you,

Russell Cleary

Mills Morrison 08-26-2019 10:38 AM

Harry and I will be around late Friday and Saturday and we will help out.

Chuck Bishop 08-26-2019 10:58 AM

I'll be there sometime Thursday morning and if the tables and banner haven't been set up when I arrive, I'll take care of it. I'll bring along a 7 gun rack. I'll have some cable ties or spring clamps to hang the banner. I don't think we'll have a problem manning the tables. With the distance to parking, I expect we'll all be gathered around the tables most of the time, in fact, it might get crowded.

Steve Cambria 08-26-2019 01:17 PM

[QUOTE=Russell E. Cleary;279965]
I also ask that others who have done this before, especially Members from other regions who will not be a part of this, pass on some advice as to how one of these display projects can avoid pitfalls and be best executed.

No worries, Russell. If you're at all confounded, simply take a gander at the Concours d'Elegance that will be emanating from your A.H. Fox brethren who I'm happy to report will be to your immediate left (or right) this year!! (Three days with the Tool Man, Your Eminence!!) Our showman of showmen, the esteemed "P.T. Barnum McCormack" is planning on showcasing some of "Philadelphia's Phinest!!" Looking forward to breaking bread (and as always, a few walnuts) with our friends from Cherry St.!! :corn::rotf::

Ad Roll----A.H. Fox Sales Dept.

Russell E. Cleary 08-27-2019 11:15 AM

Members:

Progress is being made on this and communications continue to be mainly via email.

So far, no theme for guns to be displayed has emerged, and only a couple of guns have been proposed for the three tables. Maybe caprice will be the prevailing non-policy and will eventually work out OK.

One seven gun-capacity rack has been committed for one of the three tables, thus far.

REC

Dean Romig 08-27-2019 11:43 AM

I have a 7-gun rack I will loan and if Russell and I can get together before the event maybe he has room enough to take it with him - I won't be arriving until Friday afternoon.

I also have a few extra copies of back issues of Parker Pages that can be put on the tables for non-members to peruse or if they'd like to take a copy with them for websites and contacts found in it... and to sample the fine articles within.

Mills Morrison 08-27-2019 12:14 PM

A big thanks to Russell for taking the lead on this!

It should be a great time and I hope to see a bunch of you all there. Now is the time to order your tickets for the annual meeting if you have not done so

Dean Romig 08-27-2019 12:26 PM

What Mills said +1 !!!!

Larry Frey 08-27-2019 01:04 PM

Mills,
Will the Raffle Gun be there as well as tickets for sale?

Dean Romig 08-27-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Frey (Post 280102)
Mills,
Will the Raffle Gun be there as well as tickets for sale?

I sure hope so, it is our last chance before the AM to sell tickets.