Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   1st western KS match hunt (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5718)

calvin humburg 12-01-2011 06:58 AM

1st western KS match hunt

Hey I found the birds Sunday. Hunt this weekend. Bring your "go to" gun because your up against my 16 Trojan named her Lucretia Borcia (Out of complete respect of a man I would follow anywhere I am unworthy to even say it so I won't). Using Dave M. 7/8 oz load. So your work is cut out for you. Bring your best Dog cause Sam's gettin better. :whistle: :rotf:

Rich Anderson 12-01-2011 10:24 AM

Kinda short notice to get from MI to KS by the weekend. I'll put The Money Pit (16ga GH Damascuss) up against your lady any time :whistle:

Daryl Corona 12-01-2011 07:52 PM

Yeah, MD - KS would be a stretch right now but sounds like a good idea for a future hunt. Sam would have his hands full with Parker and Fox and I'll spot you one and use a 20ga. I'll just might carry a 28 to make it challenging. Maybe Rich can bring his lovely little 20 to round things out.

calvin humburg 12-02-2011 06:06 AM

Daryl, Just a one bird handycap? You could put the clay birds i've shot in the trunk of your car.

Rich Anderson 12-03-2011 08:18 AM

Daryl I'm a man of many 20's which gun are you referring to?

charlie cleveland 12-03-2011 04:51 PM

the little stevens...ha thats what i shoot in a 410 cant afford a parker in that ga... charlie

charlie cleveland 12-03-2011 05:00 PM

who ever goes and takes calvin up on that hunt want be sorry he went...cant speak for the new dog yet but that old blue healer is gonna be hard tobeat...wish ida been there when you found them birds...they aint in to much danger from me i cant hit broad side of barn but that old ten of calvins will bring them down...be wareif jett calvins boy goes along hes a dead eye on anything that flys..... hope some of you boys take calvin up on that hunt.... charlie

calvin humburg 12-03-2011 05:18 PM

Now Charlie you know how I really shoot. Ol BoJack gettin a bad wheel but he still goes. But usually followes me but the other day he went and took the phesant away from Syco Sam just to show him he's still Alpha male. The birds all flew early like they did that day at the creek, but there was a bunch of them. Have to hunt em up with a dog after they land but they are waspy ol birds.

Daryl Corona 12-03-2011 06:51 PM

Sorry Rich, I'm referring to the English beauty you bought from Barnett at Ernie's.

Rich Anderson 12-03-2011 08:34 PM

I took her out Grouse hunting today. It poured buckets:crying: no birds but great cover. There were birds everywher there two weeks during deer season. I'll be back there for sure. Came home and rubbed some stock oil on her just because I care.