Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   PARKER ON PAWN STARS-BAD TV (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19482)

Jerry Harlow 07-27-2016 10:45 PM

PARKER ON PAWN STARS-BAD TV

I don't know if it was a rerun or new episode but there was some really bad info on Pawn Stars. From what I remember, they said a Parker could bring from $5 to $5,000,000. I would love to see that one. Guy had a refinished 1884 top-lever and asked $4000 for his grandpa's gun. That is the part I hate about the show besides the bad info, but people sell grandpa's gun or Civil War sword every day to "take the kids out for ice cream" as this guy said.

I know it is made up but the only one that seems to have gotten it fairly close to right was the "expert" that appraised the refinished gun, that from the end view looked to have cut barrels, for $1000 retail. They supposedly bought it from the grandson for $500. Said Charles Parker's motto was the finest gun made or something to that effect.

Maybe was one of the guns Chumlee got arrested for, one of those bad old cut hammer guns.

Bad TV.

Mills Morrison 07-28-2016 04:23 AM

We had so much trouble with the different cable providers that we got rid of cable altogether. I don't miss it at all

Michael Kitterman 07-28-2016 07:41 AM

I saw the show last night, I would of tried to buy it I had been there. 1883 top lever low grade, never said if it was a 12 or 10ga. Have seen worse guns for more money.

Bill Davis 07-28-2016 04:11 PM

I saw the show and it looked to me to be damascus barrels that had been blued. The "expert" never mentioned the barrel steel. If you've followed the show--you know it's a total hoax. Everything is scripted in advance. Fun to watch--but pure fiction.

Jerry Harlow 07-28-2016 08:04 PM

Yea, they film it on a set that looks like the little shop. If you go there none of the "stars" are there, just mobs of people moving in and out of the store. A sucker born every minute.

The History channel, which was I thought good ten years ago when it was filled with history, is now the Bad History and fake reality channel.

Michael Kitterman 07-29-2016 07:05 AM

Yeah I know it's scripted, just like storage wars was. All put on for the cameras.

ForrestArmstrong 09-26-2016 01:19 PM

I wouldn't deal with those snakes if it were scripted or not.

davidkerns 09-28-2016 07:56 PM

i will have a a grade 3 top lever d grade for sale soon , it is out having the damascus looked at now i will list as soon as possible.
Dave

calvin humburg 11-02-2016 06:04 AM

Remember when there was something to watch on tv, Gunsmoke, Daniel Boon... I catch my self watching carp like family guy. Ok does anybody know how to make this kindle quite changing my words like carp. Got kinda off subject sorry b taking hammer gun out soon to shoot at phesant

Dean Romig 11-02-2016 07:21 AM

Calvin - I have so much trouble with 'spellcheck' changing what I've written I have to send corrections all the time. I know I can turn it off on my iPhone so I guess I will.