Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Anyone have a repro oil bottle? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23721)

Charles Shelton 03-19-2018 04:17 PM

Both my repros have the full kit and after reading all the above details I must check both and see how different or similar they are. :)
Back with update:
The 20 gauge oil bottle(Parker Reproduction with knurled lid) and snap caps(Parker Reproduction 20 GA).

The 12 gauge oil bottle (Parker Reproduction with knurled lid) and snap caps (Parker Reproduction 12 GA).

The Cherry Wood cleaning rods have no markings on them.

The inside case labels are identical (Parker Reproduction with Winchester at the bottom).

PS - I bought a NIB 20 gauge with single trigger for my wife and she loved it but the stock was too long and she would not let me have it modified, so I eventually sold it. It also had full kit.

Johnny Johnson 03-19-2018 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Baehman (Post 238551)
Johnny, you're spoiled! :bowdown:

Welcome to the forum!

Please tell us more about your little Repro by posting some pics in the "Let's see some wood" thread.

You're absolutely right Greg. I'm spoiled and a very lucky guy. :) I'll try to get some pictures up in the next few days even though the wood on mine is relatively plain jane.

Later,
Johnny

Greg Baehman 03-20-2018 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Graft (Post 238533)
I have noted some variation in snap caps logo. Some not as pronounced and lighter stampings, some have different type script as I remember. I will look at my collection when I return home. Oil bottles have good heavy stampings on the two or three I own. They are very scarce items and the ones I own came with guns. I would say original Emembi supplied, Italy mnf. We need to see examples of the knock offs. I think my A1 special has all the accessories in its maker case...will look at that too. I think a correct new mnf. oiler and rod set would do well! SXS Ohio

Just so there's no confusion, Kenny......The oil bottles and snap caps that Emmebi furnished with Parker Reproductions were supplied to them by Parker Hale in England. This information came directly from Aimo Metelli of Emmebi.

John Nagel 03-20-2018 08:34 AM

Does anyone have a bottle marked just "Parker" or "Parker Bros" that they'd be willing to trade for one marked "parker reproduction"?

Gerry Addison 03-25-2018 09:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Took a quick shot of one of my sets that I've collected over the years. I have oil bottles and rods for all my personal guns.

Phil Yearout 03-25-2018 10:42 AM

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23746

Gary Laudermilch 03-27-2018 12:45 PM

Finally Some Pictures

2 Attachment(s)
I have been trying to get some photos of the oil bottle I posted about earlier in this thread. My camera/abilities were just not up to the task so I finally got someone else to make it happen.

John Nagel 03-27-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Laudermilch (Post 239243)
I have been trying to get some photos of the oil bottle I posted about earlier in this thread. My camera/abilities were just not up to the task so I finally got someone else to make it happen.

That is awesome! Thank you!

John Nagel 03-27-2018 01:44 PM

Xxx

Carl G. Bachhuber 04-08-2018 09:24 AM

This is interesting. I bought my 28 2bbl. set from Cape way back when. When it arrived there were no snap caps, oil bottle or cleaning rod. In fact there was no case. There was a note that said the case would show up later, which it did, minus the accessories. So were did all the accessories go? Were they removed and resold by Cape Outfitter's?
C.G.B.