Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   PGCA Member Questions & Announcements (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   PGCA Embroider (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41114)

Randy G Roberts 01-31-2024 02:49 PM

PGCA Embroider

2 Attachment(s)
As many of you know with the passing of Cathy Bowman (Spin Wheel Fashions) last March the PGCA
family lost a long time friend and vendor. Since that time the PGCA has been seeking another
embroiderer. We have been working with Jim Poublon of Clay Target Shootng Shirts and Embroidery. Jim
and his company have been the go to vendor for the ATA for many years supplying shirts, caps, and other
shooting apparel. Jim has crafted the PGCA logo which has been added to his website. Members and
non-members will be able to go their website (www.claytargetsse.com) where they can choose an
item(s), select the PGCA logo which is logo #7 and place their order. It is my understanding that Jim will
coordinate logo colors to match the garment selection. Any questions that you may have concerning a
specific garment or order can be directed to Jim through his website where you will find his phone
number and email address. He has been responsive.

I might add that Cathy and Spin Wheel were an anomaly. As you know she would load up her van and
attend events taking home any items that did not sell. In speaking to numerous vendors it has become
clear that none of these folks have any interest in this approach. They are willing to sell direct to the
PGCA in bulk but then we would be responsible for transportation, sales, and of course disposal or
storage of any items that did not sell. This is not a practical arrangement for the PGCA. The PGCA has no
financial interest or contractual obligation in this arrangement with Clay Target Shooting Shirts. The BOD
is simply attempting to find a source for these items. We are not locked into this arrangement and are
presently looking at other opportunities in conjunction with the LCSCA that have some unique opportunities which
would afford members yet another source. More information will follow should this or other sources come to fruition.

A sampling of hats and a shirt as embroidered by Clay Target Shooting Shirts is attached for your viewing. The 2
brands of hats shown are Otto and Adams, there are numerous others.

Sincerely:
Your BOD

CraigThompson 01-31-2024 03:49 PM

Are these folks willing to do plain old collared knit shirts without a shooting pad ? Personally I’d rather have t shirts with the small emblem silk screened on the front where the pocket would be and a larger silk screen on the back , but I also have no issue with golf type collared shirt sleeve shirts without a shooting shoulder pad .

Tom Wooden 01-31-2024 04:14 PM

There is a selection of various types of shirts on the website including golf shirts (pad/no pad), long sleeve shirts and tee shirts (pocket/no pocket). Additionally, there is a selection of hats, towels and other items. All items are embroidered not silk screened. Please go to the website to see a more detailed listing of available items.

Randy - Thank you for all your time and efforts to make these arrangements with this vendor.

Randy G Roberts 01-31-2024 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 404439)
Are these folks willing to do plain old collared knit shirts without a shooting pad ? Personally I’d rather have t shirts with the small emblem silk screened on the front where the pocket would be and a larger silk screen on the back , but I also have no issue with golf type collared shirt sleeve shirts without a shooting shoulder pad .

Click on the link and it should take you there Craig.

CraigThompson 01-31-2024 04:49 PM

I just ordered two ! Hope they arrive before the 25th of next month !

Chuck Bishop 01-31-2024 05:21 PM

Do they have Hawaiian prints? Asking for a friend.

CraigThompson 01-31-2024 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop (Post 404457)
Do they have Hawaiian prints? Asking for a friend.

I did not see any Mike er uhm Chuck :rotf:

Mike McKinney 01-31-2024 08:14 PM

Thanks, Randy, the apparel looks very nice. It would be hard to find someone to do all that Spin Wheel did for PGCA. Just having a reliable source is a very positive thing!

Andrew Sacco 02-14-2024 09:04 AM

I just got my PGCA shooting towel in black. Wow, what outstanding quality for the money. Thank you Randy.

Randy G Roberts 02-14-2024 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco (Post 405422)
I just got my PGCA shooting towel in black. Wow, what outstanding quality for the money. Thank you Randy.

Good to hear. I know some other folks have ordered and received items. I have seen a few pictures of these and they looked good to me. Thanks for the report Andy !