Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So whats on your 2021 Parker shopping list? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31956)

Craig Larter 12-22-2020 06:50 PM

So whats on your 2021 Parker shopping list?

I hesitate saying this but I really am satisfied with my Parker collection and would be hard pressed to sell one to buy one. I have shot them all in 2020 and plan to do the same starting with the new year. But if a good AH 12ga or 10ga Damascus comes to market I would be very tempted. I would love a AAHE from the teens but unless one drops out of the heavens that will continue to be a an unmet desire.
As we all know sometimes we don't know we desire a gun until one comes to market that just flots your boat!!
How about you???

Dean Romig 12-22-2020 07:14 PM

Unless something comes along that I just can’t live without, like a small bore graded Lifter, I really need to complete my project Parkers. I think I have four or five in various stages of completion that need to be completed before I take on any more to add to my collection.

Reggie Bishop 12-22-2020 07:43 PM

I have a couple of duplications in my small group and a couple of holes. I would like to swap the duplicates to fill some holes. I would love to find a nice high condition 28 VHE Remington skeet and then there is that long barrel 28 out there somewhere with my name on it!

Matt Buckley 12-22-2020 07:48 PM

A nice EH or NH on a 3 frame or better yet, 2 frame for a little lighter carrying is on my list.

Shane Jennings 12-22-2020 08:01 PM

I really "need" a 20ga with pretty wood and engraving. I REALLY "need" a similar 28ga too.

Rich Anderson 12-22-2020 08:33 PM

It's sad to admit but I want nothing:crying: I have come to the realization that there are to many guns both rifles and shotguns and some need adoption. It's been a long road to get here but this is where I'm at.:banghead:

Andrew Sacco 12-22-2020 08:35 PM

Wow : ( I just want a first real Parker. I started so late. I'm not sure if I'm a collector or shooter yet, probably a shooter so I hope that's OK. I drive my cars and they're not garage queens I don't know why I'd change my philosophy at this stage of the game.

Grouse/Woodcock: 16g on 0 (or 1 frame if this is prohibitive)
Pheasant: A VHE or GHE in 12 in good condition 1 1/2 frame (are there no PH and NH? out there?)
Ducks: I'm not sure yet if I'm willing to lug a 10g, never handled one, but they sound intriguing so the Pheasant gun could double for this.

You know what's going to happen? The list will grow. It just sucks... Better than heroin I guess.

jefferyconnor 12-22-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Anderson (Post 319545)
It's sad to admit but I want nothing:crying: I have come to the realization that there are to many guns both rifles and shotguns and some need adoption. It's been a long road to get here but this is where I'm at.:banghead:

I agree! I'm lucky enough to have young adult kids that seem happy to get my guns I think they can use or selling them on GB if it's something not right for them. Overall, I really don't like collecting too many guns, and have been aggressively thinning the herd, completing projects, and buying to complete my goals.

Regarding Parkers, I'm looking for a very late Ilion made Parker VH, PH or GH at a fair price, 12 gauge is fine. Ejectors don't matter either way to me.

CraigThompson 12-23-2020 01:04 AM

Hmmm a VHE or GHE or DHE 20 gauge with 30” or 32” barrels . I’d also like a VH , GH or DH 12 gauge with 32” tight choked barrels and a stock that would be considered trap/pigeon dimensions . And of course a VH/VHE 28 gauge on a 00 frame .

Mills Morrison 12-23-2020 04:51 AM

Late Meriden and Remington GH(E) ‘ s are my official goal. We have some other big things coming up in 2021, so may lay low for the most part. Could also use some more 20 and 28 gauges.