Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Last Day Out (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26135)

Stephen Hodges 01-04-2019 06:24 PM

Last Day Out

4 Attachment(s)
Well, the 2018 Duck Hunting Season came to a close today for me. I really does not close until Monday the 7th, but I am all done at this point. To mild temperatures so no freeze-up inland to drive the ducks to the salt water. We had fun but no ducks or geese decoyed all day:)

Marty Kohler 01-04-2019 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Steve.... Windy and warm here today 50°....One Redhead and four GoldenEye but the strong wind was in our face and the birds didn't like it...but we did better than we thought we would...

Stephen Hodges 01-04-2019 06:59 PM

Marty, good reply. Our wind today was out of the south which is not good for us Congrats on some birds:corn:

Frank Srebro 01-05-2019 07:49 AM

So a few of us were planning a sea duck hunt in coastal NJ next week and the guide called to report very few birds and better to stay at home for now. He's friends with our lead man and told him there are different opinions but most local guides believe the weather has been too mild. Their season ends two weeks hence and he promised to call if things change before then.

Jeff Kuss 01-05-2019 10:11 AM

The late duck season ended last weekend in northern Indiana. I only saw two ducks on the ditches the entire 8 day season. It has been too warm to freeze up all water but the fast
moving ditches. Worst late season I can remember.

Mills Morrison 01-05-2019 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mills and I hunted this morning. Wood ducks and released mallards and a few Teal were seen.

charlie cleveland 01-05-2019 07:36 PM

good going.....that pup is learning fast.....charlie

Craig Larter 01-05-2019 08:01 PM

Steve: much like you my last duck hunt with Mark Kircher was a zero. Difficult year here in central NY. A hard freeze at Thanksgiving locked up our marsh for two weeks. Thinking our season was over Mark and I broke ice for 6 more days between freezes and semi thaws. We saved our season with 5 great hunts, one zero. Shot 6 different guns this season two Parkers, two Super Foxes, a Elsie and a Ithaca.

Pete Lester 01-07-2019 07:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am putting all my gear away today. I found the second half of the coastal duck season in NH to be very poor, it was far easier to shoot a goose than a duck. Weather was clearly a factor along with an almost total lack of acorns. In the first half in the inland zone I saw the largest flocks of Wood Ducks I have ever seen flying over and landing in corn fields, the result of the acorn crop failure is my guess. In spite of the very slow action I had a couple of highlights. PS. The SP-10 is way too much gun, all three geese fell to a single shot :)

John Dallas 01-07-2019 11:12 AM

When we were in Argentina, one of my shooting buddies killed five doves with one shot.