Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Good Morning (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23926)

Alexander Sharpe 04-10-2018 09:16 AM

Good Morning

Just thought I should say Hello for the first time. I'm recently retired and am in search of activities to keep me busy. I like shooting sports the best and it is something I can look forward to doing. I tried golf, but that little white ball can ruin a perfectly nice walk in manicured fields of green. I find I can get a little more satisfaction while walking a sporting clays field.

I find myself at Parker Gun Collector's Association searching for an American made gun that my dad and his friends might have carried. Those folks would be the WWII guys. The Regular guys who were anything but regular. I'm still in the information gathering stage and will use this site to bring me up to snuff.

Thank you all in advance.

Dave Suponski 04-10-2018 09:39 AM

Welcome Alexander. You came to the right place.

Dean Romig 04-10-2018 09:46 AM

Yes, a big welcome to you Alexander!

You should find what you need right here with the PGCA.

Mike Franzen 04-10-2018 09:48 AM

Welcome to the PGCA and congratulations on becoming a member. Check out the calendar on the home page see what’s coming up you could attend. There is no substitute for meeting up face to face with a bunch of Parker guys. If you can swing it, there is a major gathering in North Carolina April 27,28,29 where you can see and handle just about any vintage double ever made. In September we are having our annual meeting at Hopkins Game Farm in MD. Hope to meet you soon.

Garry L Gordon 04-10-2018 11:36 AM

Let me add my welcome! And congratulations on retirement (pretty neat deal, huh?!).

The good folks on this site have an incredible depth of knowledge (not me!), can spot things of importance regarding Parkers even from poor quality photos (not me!), and love and respect the craftsmanship of American double guns (like me!). I hope you enjoy your newest pursuit.

Alexander Sharpe 04-10-2018 06:30 PM

Pretty neat to be able to retire is correct. More planning on what to do afterwards was needed.

Thank you all for a warm welcome. So far today I have failed to realize one shotgun due to sleeping at the switch. An extra $5 bid took it, and I took a nap. More room for my first Parker I guess.

Garry L Gordon 04-10-2018 06:48 PM

Sometimes it's good to believe in fate. I still regret losing some bids...and winning some. When it happens it happens. The more you learn, the better the results of your "bids." Take it from someone who still learns as much as he can, whenever he can (and sometimes, still, the hard way).