Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Member, Inherited Parker (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6987)

waclifton 04-30-2012 08:39 PM

New Member, Inherited Parker

9 Attachment(s)
Hi, I've inherited a Parker double, Serial 219233. It's a Model BHE trap gun, with 32" barrels, a ventilated rib (with front bead), and double triggers.

Apparently during it's lifetime, the stock was pieced to raise the comb. It's a good job, but obviously not the original configuration. The cost of having a new stock fitted is beyond my budget, so I'm considering to either have the stock refinished, or to just sell the gun outright. The finish on the stock right now is "crazed", and it has an aftermarket butt pad installed.

Anyway, I'm searching for advice and suggestions, and the members of thos Association are clearly who I'd like to get advice from.

Here are a few pictures:

Wayne Clifton
Pittsburgh, PA

Robert Delk 04-30-2012 10:49 PM

I'd just lose the adjustable pad,put on a regular pad that fit you for length and shoot the gun as is.You might have to have the comb brought down some to fit you also. If you're not a shooter put it on one of the auction sites such as Gunbroker and see what she brings. Looks like she could be a nice gun with some stock work done.

Jim DiSpagno 04-30-2012 10:56 PM

Book says a B grade Acme steel barrels ejectors capped pistol grip. NO VENT RIB NO MONTE CARLO STOCK AND NO LARGE OR BEAVERTAIL FORE END.
12 ga. 32" length.

Dean Romig 04-30-2012 11:02 PM

Probably went back to Parker for the BTFE as it has the correct iron for the BTFE reinforcing screw.

waclifton 04-30-2012 11:52 PM

You'll have to help me. BTFE ? ? ? ?

Also, can anyone recommend a stock artist anywhere near me?

Would a PGCA research give me anymore information on the alterations??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 68750)
Probably went back to Parker for the BTFE as it has the correct iron for the BTFE reinforcing screw.

Dean Romig 04-30-2012 11:57 PM

BTFE is Beavertail Forend.

A research letter may provide more information on your gun. On the lower grades, probably not, but in the higher grades like yours it is more likely that there is some interesting provenance linked to your gun.

Others can respond to a stock man in your area.

Christopher Lien 05-01-2012 12:25 AM

Wayne, An interesting Parker... Can you post some photos of the vent rib, and also the area where the barrels/dolls head meet with the top of the receiver?

Best, CSL

Dave Suponski 05-01-2012 07:17 AM

I think I would just have the wood striped and refinished to remove the crazing and leave it alone.What a wonderful gun...

waclifton 05-01-2012 08:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
You guys are way over my head with terminology. Can you please describe what "the barrels/dolls head" means? I'm really not at your knowledge level with the terms.

Anyway, here are the only pictures I have presently of the rib. Let me know if, by sheer luck, I captured the right area. If not, and with a little guidance, I can take more.

Jim DiSpagno 05-01-2012 09:38 AM

Please try to take a pic of the top of the rib showing any and all inscriptions. This appears to be a Simmons made rib at first glance. Thanks, Jim