Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Parker Gun Club Patch..... (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20245)

Destry L. Hoffard 11-29-2016 04:55 PM

Parker Gun Club Patch.....

2 Attachment(s)
I'd designed this jacket patch as a go with to the shooting sweaters currently under construction. It's chainstitched on wool felt just like the old style gun club patches. I used Parker Gun Club (which actually was a real club at one time) so as not to get into any copyright infringement or problems with the PGCA.

This is a prototype but I don't think I'd change anything. I don't have it in hand yet, it's supposedly in the mail to me as of yesterday.

The guy I contracted to do it, and produce the full order, has now said he doesn't want to do them. He doesn't have time, he's too backed up to do small projects, etc etc. It also took forever to get just this one. I think it was 10 months from initial contact to a few days ago when he sent this photograph, so I'd be a little hesitant to use him anyway.

So, as of right now, I don't have a manufacturer. If I go to the trouble to find someone else, would anybody else want one anyway? They would be expensive, around $100 each plus shipping.

The embroidery is done by machine, the machines are all 75 or 100 years old. It's oriented by hand and is quite an art to do and do right. This guy was my choice, he's the best I could find. But, there are a few others who still do it who I could give a try at a prototype and see what they're capable of. They're all in the USA so that's a plus as well.

John Truitt 11-29-2016 06:31 PM

Destry,

Sign me up for one.

John

Destry L. Hoffard 11-29-2016 07:11 PM

P.S. You don't have to be a sweater buyer to get one.

David Fishley 11-29-2016 10:06 PM

Damn nice, very very pretty, but awful expensive. No offence but don't be a Trump. Try overseas for same quality and reduced cost.

P.s. Is the font the same type that is used on either parker guns or somewhere in the advertising?

Destry L. Hoffard 11-30-2016 09:24 AM

If I thought I had to get them produced overseas I wouldn't bother with the project.

Destry L. Hoffard 11-30-2016 09:25 AM

P.S. This is also a not for profit venture, same as with the sweaters.

David Dwyer 11-30-2016 09:40 AM

Destry
Sign me up for one, maybe two
David

Thomas L. Benson Sr. 11-30-2016 10:43 AM

Destry: I'm a Trumpster so sign me up for one. Thomas

Destry L. Hoffard 11-30-2016 11:33 AM

I've had several messages from folks offering the names of patch manufacturers and I certainly appreciate the attempts at help.

My whole idea was to create something that wouldn't have been out of place on a shooting jacket in the 1930's. And of course have it made here in the USA.

Yes we could get them done in China on a computer oriented embroidery machine but then it would just be another patch, not something special to wear and be proud of.

I've had enough responses to warrant looking into another maker. Once I've got the prototype in hand I'll see what I can come up with.

David Noble 11-30-2016 11:58 AM

Destry, do you know the physical dimensions of the patch?