Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Like a man almost suffocated... (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31285)

Dean Romig 10-01-2020 08:44 PM

Like a man almost suffocated...

4 Attachment(s)
We headed for Grouse & Woodcock Camp today and after a loong 3-hour drive, finally arrived at camp.
Jamie brought his beautiful Trojan 16 and I brought my 28 gauge VHE Skeet gun as well as the 20 gauge Trojan I bought for my granddaughters... hey, I need to find out how it patterns don’t I?

Stepped out of the truck to witness the Vermont hills I love so much covered over with their very vibrant quilt of many colors. It is glorious here, and like I stated in the title, I felt like a man nearly suffocated by 2020 and all the restrictions on our lifestyles as well as being away from this place for nearly a year now, I am free and I can breath and stretch my arms and legs and get back out there in the woods and fields where I belong.

Tomorrow we go into the woods to experience the upland covers as we have come to know them.

Harold Lee Pickens 10-01-2020 09:00 PM

Dean, I am so glad that you were able to get away, one day I may try to hunt the classic New England covers---kind of like a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. I am already in stages of packing for my 36th annual UP trip. I plan on hunting about 17 days, next year a full 3 weeks. Grace will be in her glory up there, doing what she was bred to due.
Now be sure and social distance yourself and wear that facemask:)

Dean Romig 10-01-2020 09:26 PM

Harold - Gracie is soo happy to be here again. She keeps running back to me all happy and giddy as if she’s thanking me for bringing her back. And she plays ruff n tumble with her best friend “Mazy” the 6 year old great dane.

David Gehman 10-01-2020 09:55 PM

Good luck to you. Wishing you many nice points and good shots.

Dean Romig 10-01-2020 10:01 PM

I was talking with Allan Swanson yesterday and he told me he has seen a good number of birds this year and a few hens with their broods.

Garth Gustafson 10-02-2020 07:39 AM

Our health is better in October, especially in a place like that. You’re a lucky guy Dean.

Brett Hoop 10-02-2020 08:19 AM

Hope Grace has many productives. That's the big thrill for me seeing the dog hunt and lock up. Couple more weeks of prep and pack, some stuff never gets unpacked.

I have more left gloves than anybody according to my wife. I tell her if I start finding the right hand gloves I'll need a single trigger gun. I forgot to put one of those on last time Harold and I shot at Terry's, although I did shoot in my hunting vest. Water bottles and dog first aid on board. If I had remembered the collar controls I would have shot better.

Mills Morrison 10-02-2020 08:28 AM

Beautiful! I will say the virus has got me outdoors a lot more this year which is great.

Dean Romig 10-02-2020 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When stepping out of camp this morning I encountered this covey of the rare pink grouse. (Are they related to pink elephants?)
They remain unmolested because I’m not that guy who ground-swats these noble birds.

Rick Losey 10-02-2020 08:53 AM

good luck to Gracie and her hangers on

the fall colors and fresh air are going to be a bright spot in this less than spectacular year

we were in an old cover back home yesterday, colors were at least 50%, probably peak.

being out in the woods at a time like this is a privilege, the leaf peekers with lines of obstructed traffic stuck behind them could never appreciate natures kaleidoscope through a windshield the same way