Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   PGCA Member Questions & Announcements (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Researcher on vacation (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24499)

Dean Romig 06-20-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop (Post 246516)
Dean, I'm not quite as dedicated as you:bowdown: We're cruising up the New England and Canadian coast. We will be stopping in Maine and will be in Boston harbor over the 4th. Hope to see some fireworks, music, and eat lobster! Doesn't the Boston Pops play on the 4th?

That's right Chuck, the Boston Pops plays on the Esplanade on the banks of the lovely and historic Charles River. Fireworks and great music with the playing of Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture and the big fireworks finale explodes to the mounting crescendo of intense symphonic music.

I hope you get to see it! Don't bring coolers or bags of any sort.... it will be confiscated at the gate.

Remember "Bow-doin" is pronounced Bowd'n :bigbye:

Chuck Bishop 06-20-2018 03:49 PM

Jeff, I'm too cheap, internet on the boat costs money, plus I dont do business on my private computer like a few federal government big shots do:cuss: Seriousley, I'll be reading the forum but that's it.

Dean, looks like the ships port is on the other side of the city, hopefully we can see the fireworks. I know how to pronounce Bowd'n when I visited Joshua Chamberlins house.

I think I remember a Suponski from years ago. He's reported missing i action:whistle:

Dean Romig 06-20-2018 06:40 PM

Nah, it's just on the other side of the harbor. Take the subway to the Esplanade.... (in a few years they'll be singing songs about "Chuckie on the MTA"...... Did he ever return? No, he never returned and his fate is still unlearned. Margaret hands him a sandwich every day 'bout noontime as the train comes rumblin' through.) :whistle:....:rotf:

(Chuckie had the nickel but he was too cheap to pay it!)

Bill Murphy 06-21-2018 06:53 AM

Hold on to your skirt. OOPS! Sorry, that's Coney Island.

Gary Carmichael Sr 06-24-2018 11:27 AM

Chuck, You are already in the wrong lane come south, can't give you lobster, but can fill you up with good wine, have a well deserved vacation my friend, Gary

Chuck Bishop 06-24-2018 12:21 PM

Thanks Gary. My luck, I've come down with a nasty cold and cough. I'm going to check if it's bronchitis.

Dean Romig 06-26-2018 07:08 AM

The salt air will do you well. Stay the course.

Chuck Bishop 07-13-2018 09:08 AM

Well, it turned into Bronchitis, ruined the whole cruise for me!!:crying::banghead::cuss:

Chuck Bishop 07-13-2018 09:10 AM

I'm going on vacation again, this time July 21 to 28. My luck, it'l rain the whole week!!! I'll be caught up with letters July 20th and start the letters again on the 30th.

Dean Romig 07-13-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop (Post 248204)
Well, it turned into Bronchitis, ruined the whole cruise for me!!:crying::banghead::cuss:

Y'oughta quit smokin'

When I did I stopped getting bronchitis and all other respiratory ailments....

Ya, I know.... nothing worse than a reformed smoker.