Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Shotgun Shell Reloading (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Powder and primers supplies scarce?? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34237)

Craig Larter 09-10-2021 04:54 PM

Powder and primers supplies scarce??

A couple of months ago I was able to buy 5000 Cheddite primers and 4lbs. of Clay Dot. Now nothing locally or the big internet suppliers. Anyone else feeling the same. This lack of supplies seems worse than a year ago?? The powder suppliers claim they are running flat out but I never see anything available. What are you experiencing? I would buy just about any shotgun powder at this point but I haven't seen any Clays, Unique, or Red Dot for sale since 2019.

Mike Koneski 09-10-2021 05:41 PM

Major part of the problem is distribution. When there aren’t enough drivers and trucks and you have warehouses and shipping containers waiting to have product moved, that hurts us all. That isn’t only ammo and components, it’s building supplies, provisions, etc. This was all well orchestrated. Just sayin’.

CraigThompson 09-10-2021 05:46 PM

I got 5000 Chedditte same place you did . And another 6,000 I paid the super inflated price for on GB . A friend traded me an older unopened 12 pound keg of Red Dot so my 12 target loads are covered , I’ll also adapt Red Dot to my 16 gauge loads and almost forgot I’ve got a new unopened 8 of RD at home . My 10 gauge stuff I’ve got plenty SR7625 . For the 8’s I’ve got plenty Universal Clays . For the 20’s and 28’s I’ve got a pretty decent supply of Unique and most likely enough 296 to load the 410 until judgement day . I would however like a couple 8’s of Green Dot another 8 of Red Dot and perhaps two more 8’s of Unique and my worries would be solved for several years . I’m good on all wads as well . Since I have in and tried the red bean loads most of the card wads are no longer needed . Shot I seem to be burning thru , what I brought back from Rock Mountain is going away at a pretty decent clip . Now bear in mind when I say going away it’s being loaded and stacked with the rest of the stuff I have loaded . So while I’m keeping my eyes open for certain things I am not in a bind needing them for a good long while .

Austin J Hawthorne Jr. 09-10-2021 06:28 PM

There should be more people looking for work now that some of the government relief checks are ending or being reduced.

Andrew Sacco 09-10-2021 08:03 PM

Without a doubt worse than a few months ago. But I agree with Austin, once people get off their asses and see they have to get a job to feed their kids they will start working. We've been to Maine and N. Carolina on vacation, both places most restaurants are limping along
at 1/2 capacity because of lack of servers and lack of food due to no drivers and warehouse workers. I don't know about you, but I don't relish a 4 hour dinner while one server works the floor. I tip very heavily. I have to believe it will get better when people smarten up and work.

Daryl Corona 09-10-2021 08:25 PM

This situation will NEVER get better as long as the public is dumbed down and scared by the virus of the month.

Mills Morrison 09-10-2021 08:41 PM

It is a major problem. People who made fun of me for being a hoarder are mighty quiet these days

Keith Sirmans 09-10-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 343417)
It is a major problem. People who made fun of me for being a hoarder are mighty quiet these days

Better than being jerks for not selling any to them. That is what I experienced.

Mills Morrison 09-10-2021 09:01 PM

True that. Most of my friends who shoot a lot did the same thing. My cousin buys so much he probably gets put on a terror watch list

Andrew Sacco 09-10-2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Sirmans (Post 343420)
Better than being jerks for not selling any to them. That is what I experienced.

Don't understand your post, sorry. Do you you mean you expected people to sell their "hoard" to you when you couldn't find it? I have friends with huge supplies (think half a million primers) and I just don't ask to buy it. They were way smarter than me. Godspeed to them, learned my lesson.