Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Single Barrel Trap Shotguns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Just Bought One (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4717)

Bill Murphy 07-12-2011 04:43 PM

Just Bought One

I hope I didn't outbid Chuck Bishop, but I just bought one in his neighborhood. Sight unseen, so wish me luck. Straight grip, 32" SC, mid twenties gun. I just "need" it.

charlie cleveland 07-12-2011 05:06 PM

bill when will any man quit needing another gun... charlie ps bet shes a nice one

Dean Romig 07-12-2011 05:21 PM

Congrats Bill!! :clap: Remember - Pictures please when you get it.

Chuck Bishop 07-12-2011 07:10 PM

I knew about it Bill but I don't need another 32" SC although the one at auction is a straight grip. It's just a few numbers earlier than mine. The description read "blued metal." Hope that doesn't mean the receiver has been blued. Did you get it for the apraised price?

Are you going to be at Charlie Brooks trap and skeet shoot? It may be on the day of the gun show down your way.

Bill Murphy 07-12-2011 07:27 PM

Chuck, the pictures look like a lot of color rather than blue. However, I have two other blued Parkers that I like quite a lot. We'll see in a week or two. Charlie's shoot is on my calendar, but it does conflict with our gun show as you supposed. I used to shoot NSSA skeet at York Adams and I'd like to go back and visit.

Mike Franzen 07-15-2011 04:18 PM

Can't wait to see pix of the gun. I'll bet it's going to be great!

Bill Murphy 07-22-2011 02:46 PM

Thanks for commenting on the new single barrel. If I could think of anything more risky than buying an ex-ATA gun sight unseen, I would run for office. Well, I got it today and it is outrageous. Original uncut straight grip wood with what is probably the original Silvers pad, probably the original finish. The wood is quite fancy in the butt half like American Walnut, but the dark streaking in the front half is a giveaway that it is really an exceptional piece of English. Bore, screws, and wood finish is great. Yes, I said the screws are perfect. Yup, the receiver is blued, probably a quicky cold blue applied by a fussy owner. It really looks great, a totally original, untouched SC with a touch of cold blue and the lever to left of center. I couldn't be happier. As soon as I hit the last bid button on the computer, I suddenly remembered all the butchered trap guns I had seen over the years. It's just the luck of the Irish.

charlie cleveland 07-22-2011 03:16 PM

bill congatulations on your new gun..ive looked long and hard at several of those old single barrel trap guns...they come to the shoulder and point so well...glad your gunis in such nice shape...... charlie

Angel Cruz 07-22-2011 06:12 PM

Nice screws..

1 Attachment(s)
Congrats Mr. Murphy! Almost perfect screws. The search continues!!!

Chuck Bishop 07-23-2011 07:05 AM

Way to go Bill!

I hope you are coming to the shoot next Saturday, I'd love to see it.