Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   First Lefever (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27227)

Jay Oliver 05-03-2019 01:41 PM

First Lefever

5 Attachment(s)
This is my first Lefever, a 12 Gauge grade G with 32” Damascus barrels choked F/F with 3” chambers. I bought it back in January and haven’t done anything with it as I wanted to get a few things fixed first. I am getting ready to send it in and I thought I would post a few pictures.

When I saw the beautiful original Damascus pattern under the forearm I decided I wanted to have the barrels refinished. Both beads are knocked off so I will get those replaced as well. The recoil pad and more frighteningly the instillation need to be corrected and replaced. I will put back a nice Silvers pad. The LOP is 13 ¾” now which I can live with. I'll have the stock refinished too.

I had been looking for a Lefever and when I came across a straight gripped one with 32” barrels I had to have it…

Looking forward to putting it back is service :)

Jay Oliver 05-03-2019 01:42 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Some more pictures...

Jack Kuzepski 05-03-2019 01:52 PM

That is a very nice find. I'm sure you're going to love that once you get it back.

Jack K

Mills Morrison 05-03-2019 02:41 PM

That is a great find and a great project too. Very nice gun! I have a 12 gauge I grade and an early F grade 16 gauge that is a "future project"

Bill Murphy 05-03-2019 04:46 PM

I would not be refinishing those star Damascus barrels.

Harold Lee Pickens 05-03-2019 05:24 PM

What a great gun! It looks like the PGCA has been hit with the "Lefever fever". Let's hope there is no cure.

Dean Romig 05-03-2019 06:06 PM

I've seen those Star Damascus barrels also called "American Flag Bunting"

They're awful nice! What a great gun.

Jay Oliver 05-03-2019 06:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all of the compliments. I really like this gun. I had always wanted that star/flag damascus as well. If the rest of the barrels looked as good as they do underneath the forend I wouldn't think of having them refinished.

Look at these barrels pictures. This my opinion...but refinished barrels so that the star pattern really "pops", then refinished wood and a nice period recoil pad and this would be something special(at least to me...)

I am impressed with the Lefever design as well. I might have to copy Mills and pick another one up in a 16 too :)

Bruce Day 05-03-2019 07:39 PM

You start looking at Lefever details and you can’t fail to be impressed. With this gun you have the adjustable hinge , adjustable forend , and lock off safety plus that fabulous American Flag Bunting Damascus.

The only problem with Lefevers is that not enough were made.

Nice gun. Enjoy.

Frank Cronin 05-03-2019 11:59 PM

Congrats on your first Lefever. I'd say you did really quite well. You don't see too many English grip Lefevers especially with pretty Damascus 32" barrels.

What is the LOP of this gun to the edge of the wood? On my computer it looks like the curve is still present at the end of the stock and someone added a pad and spacers to lengthen it. You might be able to put a repro LAC monogram butt plate on if the LOP is good enough for you.