Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2021 Northern SxS Challenge!! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31528)

Mike Koneski 11-04-2020 02:22 PM

2021 Northern SxS Challenge!!

1 Attachment(s)
As long as we're on the right side of the grass our 2021 event will be on!! Book it!!

Mike Koneski 01-08-2021 01:00 PM

We will be adding a "AW Dubray "Gaucho SBT Event" to our shoot. For those shooting for trophies we will give HOA and RU awards for this event. Only vintage SBT guns allowed. No Ljutic, Browning Unsingle, etc.

Jeff Kuss 01-08-2021 02:51 PM

Damn. Now I have to drag another gun to the shoot! :rotf:

Randy G Roberts 01-08-2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Kuss (Post 321332)
Damn. Now I have to drag another gun to the shoot! :rotf:

That's nothing, I have to buy one. :crying:

Daryl Corona 01-08-2021 03:26 PM

Not going to buy one to shoot twice a year so I'll have to borrow one. How about I bring my double trap and only shoot the right barrel?:)

Mike Koneski 01-08-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryl Corona (Post 321339)
Not going to buy one to shoot twice a year so I'll have to borrow one. How about I bring my double trap and only shoot the right barrel?:)

Daryl, buy one before Uncle Sam takes all your savings!! :shock: Redistribution and all that fun stuff you know.

Andrew Sacco 01-08-2021 05:09 PM

So how do these shindigs work? Never been to a SxS Challenge. Do people shoot on teams, individually, show off their guns and grunt "Oooh oooh oooh..." or just be happy with likeminded folk? I imagine some money is going to change hands at one of these and new hardware will be obtained shortly thereafter? Are you allowed in without breeks, a handlebar moustache and the smell of pipe tobacco??

Harold Lee Pickens 01-08-2021 05:50 PM

Mike's shoot was a good/ no great time, last year, it surely helped cure the Covid Shotgun Blues. Alot of us know each other from previous shoots, and of course from here on the forum. Usually shoot about 4 to a group, or a few more, often shooting with different folks. And yes, there are gun vendors, and guns for sale privately. many hang around at the end of the day to shoot the bull, instead of clays, and have a few libations, and maybe a good cigar if you are so inclined.
My current plans are to attend again this year . Also will most definately attend the NE SXS at Hausmanns Hidden Hollow in June if it comes off. The Southern is up in the air for me.
For those who dont know, Andy is an optometrist like myself, and we have had some email discussions about the difficulty running a business under these trying conditions--so happy I'm retired.

Oh, and no, we dont wear breeks--this is not a Vintager Shoot. The shooting for score is individual, not team. You can also shoot for unrecorded score, ie, just for fun, at a lesser cost--that's what I do. I shot with Randy Roberts who was shooting for score(and won alot of hardware), Brett Hoops, and Chuck Bishop. Hope you can make it.

Mike Koneski 01-08-2021 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco (Post 321363)
So how do these shindigs work? Never been to a SxS Challenge. Do people shoot on teams, individually, show off their guns and grunt "Oooh oooh oooh..." or just be happy with likeminded folk? I imagine some money is going to change hands at one of these and new hardware will be obtained shortly thereafter? Are you allowed in without breeks, a handlebar moustache and the smell of pipe tobacco??

Andy, yes, yes and yes. 😂😂

Jeff Kuss 01-08-2021 05:57 PM

Just bring plenty of ammo. You will need it!