Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Member from Columbus,OH (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24300)

David Hatch 05-20-2018 07:11 PM

New Member from Columbus,OH

Just received my first Parker serial # 75750, mfg date May - Oct 1899. Gauge designation 2 and grade G. It has Damascus barrel. This was my Great Grand Fathers gun. It appears to be a 12 gauge.

I would like to be able to shoot it but have heard that is black powder and can not be shot. I am an avid sporting clay shooter and would love to be able to shoot it. Does any one know a good gunsmith with knowledge to advise me if the gun is shootable. The gun appears to be in excellent shape.

Thanks and look forward to learning more about my prized new Parker shotgun.

Dean Romig 05-20-2018 10:24 PM

Welcome David - Kenny Graft in Ohio might be able to give you some help. Kenny is a respected member here and a dealer too.

David Hatch 05-20-2018 10:30 PM

Hi Dean -do you by chance have Kenny’s contact information? Thanks

Dean Romig 05-21-2018 02:33 PM

You can send Kenny a PM right from here.

I don't have his personal email address or telephone number.... sorry.

Mike Franzen 05-21-2018 11:43 PM

Welcome to the PGCA David. Get your gun checked out by Kenny and then buy some shells from RST. they make loads for the Damascus guns. Thousands of people shoot them regularly. As long as your gun is in good shape you will be fine.

David Hatch 05-22-2018 05:34 PM

Thanks

Have contacted Kenny. Thanks all for the information.

Kenneth V Jones 07-28-2018 09:40 AM

David,
Where in Ohio is Kenny located. I too live in Ohio in the north eastern corner near Mosquito Lake.

Kenneth V Jones 07-28-2018 12:22 PM

Never mind I found his gun shop. It's near me.

Randy G Roberts 08-06-2018 11:42 AM

Hi David and welcome aboard. As you have declared yourself an avid sporting clays shooter you may have noticed the thread concerning the Parker Fun Shoot/Gathering in IN. We are planning a SxS fun shoot and Batesville is not that far from you. If for some reason you and Kenny don't get hooked up bring your gun to the shoot and I can measure the chokes, chambers, wall
thickness etc for you. Just let me know you are coming otherwise I probably will not have my gauges.

Kenneth V Jones 08-06-2018 03:13 PM

Randy,
I read the thread about your shoot and unfortunately I have to attend a wedding that day. Good luck I hope it will be successful.
I did go to the Northern SXS this pass Saturday.

Randy G Roberts 08-06-2018 03:31 PM

Wedding eh. I have them back to back to back the three weekends before the shoot. One down, two to go ! Lots of interest in the shoot so far so I'm hoping for the best... Thanks !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth V Jones (Post 250055)
Randy,
I read the thread about your shoot and unfortunately I have to attend a wedding that day. Good luck I hope it will be successful.
I did go to the Northern SXS this pass Saturday.

Harold Lee Pickens 08-06-2018 03:59 PM

If you are up by Mosquito Lake, you cant be more than a n hour from Kennys shop. He is over by the Pa. line outside of Youngstown.

Kenneth V Jones 08-06-2018 08:27 PM

Yes Harold, I made it over there the other day. Your right it was an hour.