Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Man's Best Friend (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Bad news about our black lab Miss Jolie (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39743)

Gary Carmichael Sr 08-03-2023 06:59 PM

Bad news about our black lab Miss Jolie

Vet called yesterday and confirmed She has Lymphoma, We will have her at the oncologist Tuesday at 8:15 Am, She will do a whole body scan, to see how far along the Cancer is, and possible treatment, Treatment would be a VT vet school, We are hoping she can be treated, She just turned 10 yrs old, she seems outwardly to be fine, but she has slowed down, we pray she will be OK, but her quality of life is the main thing. She knows I believe, you can see it in those big brown eyes! Sometimes I believe she can read my mind! Gary

Garry L Gordon 08-03-2023 07:03 PM

Gary, I'm so sorry to read this. We just lost our Alder to the same cancer. I hope the best for your pup, and that you get many more days with your girl.

Chris Pope 08-03-2023 09:52 PM

You can bet for certain that she can read your mind. Best to you and her.

Dean Romig 08-04-2023 12:01 AM

Yes, they can certainly read our minds. Best of luck Gary!
Is she the one that ate my check to you for that sweet D Lifter or was that Maddie?

Craig Larter 08-04-2023 05:01 AM

Hard times and a difficult situation. Good luck.

Gary Carmichael Sr 08-04-2023 08:25 AM

Dean, That was Jolie that ate the check you gave me, I do not want to lose her, hoping for the best! Gary

John Dallas 08-04-2023 08:58 AM

Bummer. Our 11 yr old "Daisy" is slowing down dramatically. Tough decisions in my future. As a Vet friend of mine advised "Make sure the dog is still having fun being a dog." Good luck

Bill Jolliff 08-04-2023 11:40 PM

So sorry to hear Gary.

We are in a similar situation with our 13 year old springer, Jasper.

I fear that difficult decision will have to be made soon.

Bill

chris dawe 08-05-2023 07:17 AM

Sorry to hear Gary, my Benny is 11 now ,got the summer after dad passed and we all swear it's his reincarnation...but this year he's gotten fat and narrow in the face ,he's old - my hunting partner and myself have wondered what the hell were going to do without him ,a machine in the country if he cant find a grouse close he'll find him 600 yrds out, just has no quit and hold tight until i get there...and in the same breath a lap dog in the house...but hes on the obvious downward slope now ,I'll retire him from the big days this fall i think ,the young dogs will have to sort it out ,we'll see how it goes ,I've owned enough to know it'll work out,I won't like it one bit ,no sir not one bit - but we were designed to live longer , the bittersweet fact of dogs and men .
You guys might remember the day I brought him home ,there's pics here somewhere .
Best of luck with your pup Gary

William Woods 08-07-2023 05:55 PM

Gary, I have lost many of my four-legged companions over the years and it never gets any easier. I have been told by many, and I know they are correct, that you do what is best for your dog. Common sense combats emotions. Best wishes.