Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   SC Repros (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40560)

CraigThompson 11-28-2023 10:52 AM

SC Repros

Did the 12 gauge Sporting Clays screw choke guns ever leave the factory with recoil pads ? Had one in the shop yesterday for cleaning that had a pad although I didn’t pick the stock up and look it over .

Mike Koneski 11-28-2023 11:59 AM

Maybe they could be ordered with a pad but to my limited collector knowledge the repros came with a skeleton butt plate. What do I know, I just shoot these things? :cool: :corn:

CraigThompson 11-28-2023 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 399622)
Maybe they could be ordered with a pad but to my limited collector knowledge the repros came with a skeleton butt plate. What do I know, I just shoot these things? :cool: :corn:

Yeah I thought they came with SSBP also . But then again a target gun you’d think would come with a pad , but being the 80’s or early 90’s probably not .

Greg Baehman 11-28-2023 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All Sporting Clays Classics came from the factory with a SSBP, however; a leather covered pad was considered, but never implemented. See 2nd column below and read the paragraph under Drawing Board.

CraigThompson 11-28-2023 06:08 PM

I’d like to think if they’d stayed in production longer a recoil pad option would’ve been available on the SC and steel shot versions .

Greg Baehman 11-29-2023 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 399659)
I’d like to think if they’d stayed in production longer a recoil pad option would’ve been available on the SC and steel shot versions .

Ha! Had the factory done that, one of my Sporting Clays Classics, of which a previous owner whacked its original and beautiful SSBP off, would bring at least $500 in additional value.

But, as most of us know, the pad adds functional value as a shooter. So maybe it's a wash! :glug:

Scot Cardillo 11-29-2023 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 399659)

I'd like to think if they'd stayed in production longer we would have G-grades in 28 & 16 ga with dogs head butt plates :)

Dan Steingraber 11-29-2023 08:41 PM

I know I'm in the minority but I love the look of a well fit, appropriate pad. They also allow for much simpler minor fitting adjustments.

Mike Koneski 12-01-2023 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Steingraber (Post 399762)
I know I'm in the minority but I love the look of a well fit, appropriate pad. They also allow for much simpler minor fitting adjustments.

Much cheaper adding a nice pad than fitting a new stock. :whistle: