Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Foto Fridays (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I know How He Feels (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26600)

edgarspencer 02-22-2019 08:44 AM

I know How He Feels

1 Attachment(s)
Pretty much most days

Daniel Carter 02-22-2019 10:31 AM

The way my day is going that could not have been better. Thank you for lifting my spirits and a good laugh.

edgarspencer 02-22-2019 11:39 AM

Daniel, I hope it gets better for you. Good thing about bad days, is that they're usually followed by good days.

Daniel Carter 02-22-2019 12:17 PM

Edgar when I read that I had just finished fixing a situation that had gotten out of hand and although a sxs was not used other forceful persuasion was. It was so timely that I am still laughing. I look forward to meeting you at Addieville in April.

edgarspencer 02-22-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Carter (Post 266760)
I look forward to meeting you at Addieville in April.

I can't imagine why. Do I owe you money?

Daniel Carter 02-22-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgarspencer (Post 266767)
I can't imagine why. Do I owe you money?

Not yet

Phil Yearout 03-11-2019 10:32 AM

I knew a guy in college who did that very thing. Every night while he was watching TV this mouse would run out and along the wall. Mouse kept avoiding whatever trap he put out, so one night he just sat there with his shotgun cradled across his outstretched legs. No more mouse. I never did know what he did about the damage to the wall or floor, but then again student rental apartments got torn up pretty badly anyway so maybe the landlord never noticed.

Mills Morrison 03-11-2019 10:36 AM

One of those days here too

Russell E. Cleary 03-11-2019 10:31 PM

An (unarmed) cat is maybe all you really need.

I know a fellow who had a big, old female cat with him up on the couch when he was watching TV. It was sound asleep when a mouse did exactly what is described: it came out of some opening into the room and ran along the wall.

My friend was impressed with how quickly that cat awoke, leaped to the floor in a flash, ran and grabbed the Mouse and dispatched it. And, he thought it was just an old, slow house cat.

The mouse, as quiet as it likely was, still must have generated a particular sound that triggered something in the cat that it was genetically encoded to be alerted by.

Rick Losey 03-12-2019 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my son is not that fond of cats -

but we have a couple (actually the dogs have pets) cats inside and a few very tame feral cats that live in the outbuilding where I have a shop (insulated kennels in there for them) -

so, my son calls me one day complaining a mouse had chewed through the wires on one of his tools. then he says "how do you keep mice out of your shop?"

insert pause here

then he says "oh, never mind" :smiley7:

PS
if you are a mouse trying to cross the yard- or even the fields - this may be the last thing you see - she is very efficient