Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Man's Best Friend (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   free 6 year old g.s.p. good hunter/michigan (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29044)

Ed Norman 01-11-2020 09:15 PM

free 6 year old g.s.p. good hunter/michigan

I got an e mail from tails a waggin pheasant hunting preserve in Marion Michigan, chuck has a friend with health problems that wants to find a good hunting home for his g.s.p. I can furnish a phone number or e mail if anyone is interested. The dog is near Clare Michigan.

Ed Norman 01-11-2020 09:38 PM

chucks email at the pheasant preserve is childrenscharters@gmail.com

Rich Anderson 01-13-2020 04:26 PM

Clare is 30 minuets from me and at one time I sold a pup to the owners of that preserve. I'll keep an ear open for someone looking for a companion. I have two and three just isn't an option.

Mills Morrison 01-13-2020 04:29 PM

Our Lab Gator was a rescue and it made us big believers

Ed Norman 01-13-2020 04:36 PM

thanks c.o.b. I think finding the right hunting home is most important, if chuck the owner of tails a waggin says he is a good hunting dog, then I would believe him. Mills, our brittany cash was one day from going to the dog pound, the couple had moved into a condo and before they stayed in a house so no one ever told him the dog barked to much when they left. Our brittany found a grouse today with 12" of snow on the ground, he started getting birdy near a small clump of pine trees right next to the 2 track. I came from the side away from the dog and the grouse flew almost over the dogs head. That was almost comical.

todd allen 01-19-2020 07:50 PM

Adopting a GSP at that age is a very serious matter, and needs to be taken that way. The worst thing that can happen is someone takes this on, then doesn't have the time or the wherewithal to transition the dog into a new home. We have done this a couple of times. My fear is that the if adoption doesn't work, the dog bounces from home to home, then to the pound. I've seen this happen.
We took on a 16 month old GSP 2 months ago, and she has been a handful! We are just now starting to get a handle on it. Hopefully this one goes to a good home.
I'm gonna say a little prayer.

Ed Norman 01-19-2020 08:39 PM

Todd,
I could not agree with you more. I am hoping Chuck does some kind of screening, he has trained a lot of dogs, and he and his wife currently have probably 10 bird dogs. If it wasn't for those 2 guys that had brittanies that helped us so much, my wife and I would of been lost. Those 2 families both stepped up, and now we have a really good dog. I hope this dog finds a good home too. 2nd little prayer is on its way:)

todd allen 01-19-2020 09:03 PM

If I hit the Lotto, I would put together a GSP rescue ranch, with plenty of dog housing, acerage, and planted pheasants and quail.

todd allen 01-19-2020 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our latest project, Riley. A sweet little girl.
Attachment 79862

todd allen 01-19-2020 09:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Riley is a very strong Hunter, but still needs a lot of training.
Attachment 79863