Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   20th Annual Spring Southern (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25658)

Mills Morrison 02-15-2019 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Working on planning and things are rocking along. Hope everyone has hotel reservations, hall of fame tickets and is working on a list of guns to bring.

This will be the 16th annual Parker-Smith Challenge and, in honor of that milestone, the challenge pins will be purple like a 16 gauge shell. Here is the proof

Sara LeFever 02-15-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 265954)
Hope everyone has hotel reservations, hall of fame tickets and is working on a list of guns to bring.

Mills,
I have my hotel reservations, and am very much looking forward to the Southern! Bring on the Spring weather! :)
Sara

Eric Eis 02-16-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara LeFever (Post 265996)
Mills,
I have my hotel reservations, and am very much looking forward to the Southern! Bring on the Spring weather! :)
Sara

Sara, you going to have a chance to shoot with us at Drakes Landing Wed or Thursday? It's a fun time

Sara LeFever 02-16-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Eis (Post 266046)
Sara, you going to have a chance to shoot with us at Drakes Landing Wed or Thursday? It's a fun time

Eric,
Yes, I'm planning on being at Drakes on Thursday. Had a great time last year.
Sara

jim garrett 02-19-2019 07:05 PM

Bring a bunch of 'um

Why go to the Southern if you only plan to shoot 1 gauge? There is an opportunity to shoot 8 different gauges...shoot them all ,.. and then some more!

Rich Anderson 02-20-2019 07:51 AM

I'm only shooting 16's but I'll have 6 or 7 guns with me.

Dean Freeman 04-15-2019 08:13 AM

I mentioned this on another thread, but figured it may be better placed here. I am a newbie to the Southern. One of my concerns is the number of guns I want to bring versus the logistics of getting guns from the car, toting heavy boxes of guns around the grounds, etc. Does anyone have any good advice regarding parking, getting around whilst toting too many guns, and generally making the most of the southern. Also, shooting... how to get some shooting in would be nice. I look forward to meeting many of you. Any help you can give will be welcome.

Kindest regards,
Dean

Buddy Marson 04-15-2019 08:18 AM

I strongly recommend you rent a cart or bring one if you've got it.
Good luck,
Buddy

Randy G Roberts 04-15-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddy Marson (Post 271630)
I strongly recommend you rent a cart or bring one if you've got it.
Good luck,
Buddy

Yes, yes, and yes ! Rent or bring a cart especially if you are going to be shooting a lot of events etc as compared to just hanging out in the tents.

Mills Morrison 04-15-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Freeman (Post 271629)
I mentioned this on another thread, but figured it may be better placed here. I am a newbie to the Southern. One of my concerns is the number of guns I want to bring versus the logistics of getting guns from the car, toting heavy boxes of guns around the grounds, etc. Does anyone have any good advice regarding parking, getting around whilst toting too many guns, and generally making the most of the southern. Also, shooting... how to get some shooting in would be nice. I look forward to meeting many of you. Any help you can give will be welcome.

Kindest regards,
Dean

Best thing is to arrive early and park down near the Parker tent.

I hope you can bring your new 20 gauge lifter as our display theme is 20 gauges