Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Shotgun Shell Reloading (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Increase in price for primers? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25986)

Harold Lee Pickens 12-17-2018 12:21 PM

Increase in price for primers?

Has there been a huge increase in primer prices lately? I was at Cabelas yesterday and they wanted almost $48/brick for Win 209 shotgun primers. I had been buying them dor about $28/brick and about $24 for cheddite primers. Their powder prices were up at least $5/pound from what I had paid.
Maybe this is just a casulty of Bass Pro taking over?
Also I was looking at some Parker doubles in their gu n room, and they said they were not allowed to take the trigger locks out of the guns until they were bought and taken outside the store. I asked how was one supposed to evaluate the triggers and ejectors, they said that if one wasnt happy with them after buying the gun, they had a return policy. Certainly wont waste my time with them anymore.

Daniel Carter 12-17-2018 12:34 PM

This has come about since being bought by Bass Pro. Bass pro powder prices have always been outrageous and now Cabelas has stopped carrying shot. I have asked if they really wanted to sell it or did they like it so much they could not bear to part with it.

Brett Hoop 12-17-2018 02:26 PM

Harold

Sad what it has come to! The trigger lock policy is just very poor, and I also have voiced my opinion at the Hilltop. I will no longer even look at something they offer, just can't stomach it.

William Davis 12-17-2018 04:45 PM

Gong downhill since Bass Pro took over.

Willam

Rich Anderson 12-17-2018 04:57 PM

I didn't think anything could be worse than Cabelas but I guess Bass Pro is. They have no lay a way program for firearms.

I bought 5000 Win 209 primers last summer for around $125.

John Campbell 12-17-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Anderson (Post 260615)
I didn't think anything could be worse than Cabelas ... .

There is.

It's called Dick's Sporting Goods.

And FYI: Primers are still about $28 a thousand at Dawson's.

scott kittredge 12-17-2018 05:40 PM

Went to buy a Charles daily over under 20 ga last Friday a Cabelas in maine. When I asked for snap caps to check ejectors .sales man said they dont have any. I ask how can I check ejectors? He said you cant! We can't take trigger lock off until you buy it and leave the store. He said bass pro rules.I said I won't buy it unless they check ejectors .

Craig Larter 12-18-2018 07:14 AM

Seems like this is what happens when companies are run by accountants and lawyers. I visited the Cabelas in Maine this summer and was horrified by the new look. I think Cabelas /Base Pro will follow Dick's slid and in the next down turn one or both will blow up. Lot's of other better choices Rogers, Mack's Prairie Wings etc.

Richard Flanders 12-18-2018 07:32 AM

I was in the Denver Cabelas gunroom in November. The selection of quality guns was near zero. They even had AR's in there! No more nice Colt SAA's. They had a few nice guns, but nothing like before.

Gary Laudermilch 12-18-2018 09:09 AM

Gander World had Win 209 primers last week for $24 minus 5% if you have their loyalty card. They sold out in a few hours. I wish they carried shot.