Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Shotgun Shell Reloading (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Inflation strikes the shooting sports (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32962)

Pete Lester 04-02-2021 01:29 PM

Inflation strikes the shooting sports

From Powder Valley

"CCI, Federal, Remington, Speer have announced an impending price increase of 7+% on all items and 15% on primers."

Dean Romig 04-02-2021 01:36 PM

This in the middle of a shortage is an outrage!!

Can you say “Profiteering”?

Pete Lester 04-02-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 331054)
This in the middle of a shortage is an outrage!!

Can you say “Profiteering”?

I could but I prefer the term Demand-Pull inflation.

Dean Romig 04-02-2021 02:22 PM

Right - Supply & demand, where the demand is much greater than the supply "so we'll just tack on a little extra... because we can."

Pete Lester 04-02-2021 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Whether it is demand/supply economics or the cost of raw materials has gone up it all leads to this.

Steve Huffman 04-02-2021 02:37 PM

They see the future of who were not suppose to talk about here just wait !

Bill Murphy 04-02-2021 03:01 PM

7% is a drop in the bucket. Go on the net and try to buy anything for less than 700% of the normal price.

Pete Lester 04-02-2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Murphy (Post 331065)
7% is a drop in the bucket. Go on the net and try to buy anything for less than 700% of the normal price.

Big difference between retail hikes and scalping. Seven percent by itself can be easily absorbed by most people. Question is how fast and how much will the next increase be and the one after that etc. Have you bought any lumber lately or tires, inflation is not limited to ammo and components but it is relevant to our shared interest.

Mills Morrison 04-02-2021 06:46 PM

Inflation is going to come everywhere I am afraid.

J. Scott Hanes 04-02-2021 09:28 PM

What was left out of the OP's post is that Winchester has already imposed one price increase effective April 1 and has announced another 15-25% effective May 1.

Gentlemen, I spent most of my Remington career in the ammunition side of the business. Believe me, the manufacturers do not like price increases of this magnitude...at any time. It is a shock to the whole industry. However, these companies ALL wish to stay in business and have deemed it necessary to raise selling prices because their COSTS have and are projected to increase. Copper [major to brass shells] has already increased 70% just in the past few months and projections are for it to significantly continue. Steel prices are up [think tooling]. Plastics are increasing as well [plastic shotshell bodies]. And the list goes on.

The real issue is what governments all over world have gone on a berserk printing spree and the economic impacts are now being realized. It is going to be a rough ride for a while.