Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ye Old Gun room (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12035)

Russ Jackson 11-28-2013 06:26 PM

Ye Old Gun room

3 Attachment(s)
A few weeks back I was sitting in my Gun Room ,Man Cave which ever you prefer and decided ,it is a shame to have the guns I enjoy the most hiding away in a gun safe tucked neatly away in cases where even the owner " ME " can't ever enjoy just looking at them ! I mentioned this fact to my Wife and she suggested a small change in furniture placement and making a display area so I could enjoy looking at my guns while I was in my Room at my computer etc. ! Shopping we went and I came away with an inexpensive but I think very nice piece of furniture for the job ,it has space inside ,for TPS , Dbl. Gun journals ,Parker Pages and a few random Books and Brass Shells and Misc.Parker items and Gun Related stuff ,then on the top ,I can place a Cased Parker Gun on the top and enjoy having it out to ogle over it on occasion ,I intend to change guns once a week ,now the problem is I'll need a few more to fill in the blanks for the rest of the weeks of the year ! Just thinking if any of you other fellows have a similar set up ,might be fun to take a look at them !

Harold Lee Pickens 11-28-2013 07:08 PM

Very nice Russ. I see you must play the guitar. I do also. Maybe we will have to get together for a little jam/ parker BS session.

Russ Jackson 11-28-2013 07:49 PM

Harold ,I do a little Flat Pickin once in a while ,I played alot more when I was a kid than I do now ,months go by I don't touch it sorry to say !

charlie cleveland 11-28-2013 08:05 PM

mighty nice setup you got there..i really like your idea of enjoying the gun s and related stuff instead of keeping every thing locked away...thats what pretty guns are for eye appeal... charlie

wayne goerres 11-28-2013 09:20 PM

Nice cave you have there. I just started mine and allready it looks a little unsightly. Was thinking of building a couple of racks to display some of mine when there not locked up.

Daryl Corona 11-29-2013 07:36 AM

Nice Russ. Your wife has good taste.

Russ Jackson 11-29-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryl Corona (Post 122024)
Nice Russ. Your wife has good taste.

Thank You ,maybe that explains why She picked me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotf::rotf:

Rich Anderson 11-29-2013 09:46 AM

My gun room is a mess:eek: what with a month plus of bird hunting there are shells, clothes, dog equipment everywhere. Now add in deer season and the number of boots on the floor has doubled and there are rifles leaning against open drawers (so they don't fall down) reloading equipment and assorted paraphenalia scattered everywhere. I looked for a pair of gloves for over a week, even contacted the people I hunted with to see if I left them in their truck....I found them in a pair of hunting boots I hadn't worn:shock:

Russ your gun room looks very nice...but it lacks that used look:rotf: Maybe I should post a couple of pics of mine to give you a goal:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Seriously my one New Years resolution is to clean and reorganize:whistle:

Russ Jackson 11-29-2013 11:31 AM

Rich ,Would love to see it in any condition ,mine was so bad last week ,I spent most of the day straightening up the mess and tossing and putting away ! My Lovely Wife says , Wow ,now isn't that much nicer ,I guess it is but I can't find anything ,just the gun on top of the new cabinet :rotf:!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich Anderson 11-29-2013 11:57 AM

5 Attachment(s)
ok you asked. This is no Martha Stewart room:shock: