Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Paper, Memorabilia and Books (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Parker Coffee Mills (was "Grinders" (Thanks Mark!) ;) ).... (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2602)

John Dunkle 10-13-2010 12:16 PM

Parker Coffee Mills (was "Grinders" (Thanks Mark!) ;) )....

7 Attachment(s)
I was struggling with which forum to put this in (as I never programmed a "coffee grinder" (edit err - "Coffee MILL" forum - as who would have thought??? :eek: ) (Edit - moved to Parker Memorabilia... ;) )

A wonderful friend - Charlie Herzog asked me to post some pictures of his grinders (I'll be teaching Charlie how to post his own pictures when we get together hunting in Nov - then watch out!! ;) )

Anyway - I think it would be great to post pictures from others who may have coffee grinders (much like we have with Parker vises and other artifacts..)...

The coffee grinders really are stunning! I had no idea...??!

Enjoy!

John

Dean Romig 10-13-2010 12:52 PM

That's a very nice old grinder Charlie, thanks!

Dave and I visited a gentleman in Connecticut last Ferbuary who has a very large one which would easily require two men to lift and carry. It too, was in very high condition.

Mark Conrad 10-14-2010 12:01 PM

I have been using a 700 for coffee every morning for about 12 years. Thanks to Allan Swanson for making a new oak base for it. I fine the 700's are much easier to grind coffee with as they are heavy and don't move around (like Charlie's little 200). I have several of the smaller ones but the 700 is the best if you intend to use it.

Most of the 700's have lost the lids. I had some lids made over 10 years ago for the 700. The were made from aluminum. When painted they work well. If anyone has any interest, let me know.

Mark

Larry Frey 10-14-2010 12:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mark,
I would love to see a picture of your 700 if you have one. For those who may have missed it Dave S. posted this pic earlier of coffee mills on display at the PGCA table at Vintagers this year.

Mark Conrad 10-14-2010 02:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Frey (Post 25794)
Mark,
I would love to see a picture of your 700 if you have one. For those who may have missed it Dave S. posted this pic earlier of coffee mills on display at the PGCA table at Vintagers this year.

I have two 700 mills. I have repainted both and I got decals for them but never installed the decals. There is an antique coffee mill association which I joined back in the late 1990's but I dropped out. I have posted pictures of both 700's which work fine but I only use the one in the kitchen. The other is in my gun room. One had bearings in it which I replaced and the other has bushings. The one in the kitchen was actually froze up when I got it and I had to use wheel puller to get the wheels off. I got it apart, had it sandblasted and put it back together with new bearings and it works great. The bases are different even though both are 700's. One has the lid covers I had made and one has original.

Allan made both bases for me over 10 years ago.

I think I'll make a cup of coffee.

Mark

Dave Suponski 10-14-2010 02:54 PM

Mark,Those are great! I think you have a decent Parker vise also....:rolleyes:

Dave Suponski 10-14-2010 03:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple Coffee mill's

Dave Suponski 10-14-2010 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a meat grinder I found a few years back in unused condition. Ya don't see too many of these.

Mark Conrad 10-14-2010 03:39 PM

John, if you teach Charlie how to post pictures, you may want to add more memory to this website. BTW, mills not grinders.

Mark

John Dunkle 10-14-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Conrad (Post 25807)
John, if you teach Charlie how to post pictures, you may want to add more memory to this website....

:rotf:
__________ :rotf:
_____________________ :rotf:

(Actually - you may have a VERY GOOD POINT!!! :shock: )

My best to you Mark - and thanks for all you do!

John