Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "Season's Greetings" SxS Day at Rock Mt (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40562)

Mike Koneski 11-28-2023 12:11 PM

"Season's Greetings" SxS Day at Rock Mt

Ladies and gents, on Sunday, December 17, we (Rock Mountain) will host our annual "Season's Greetings SxS Day". This is just a day for our SxS shooters to come together and enjoy some fine targets and friendships and have some laughs at each other's expense. :shock: This is not a tournament, just a day of fun. For those coming to shoot a SxS we will have some goodies and maybe some soup or chili or something warm. I will try to be up here that day, but we'll see how my new knee is coming along by then. Let's have some double-gun fun!!

CraigThompson 11-28-2023 12:21 PM

You’ve already been in for surgical repair ?

CraigThompson 11-28-2023 12:24 PM

Regardless best of luck with a speedy and positive recovery !

Andrew Sacco 11-28-2023 12:58 PM

I'll be there Mike, hope to see you. If not I'll trust that you're resting while watching the Flintstones or F Troop : )

Garry L Gordon 11-28-2023 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 399629)
Ladies and gents, on Sunday, December 17, we (Rock Mountain) will host our annual "Season's Greetings SxS Day". This is just a day for our SxS shooters to come together and enjoy some fine targets and friendships and have some laughs at each other's expense. :shock: This is not a tournament, just a day of fun. For those coming to shoot a SxS we will have some goodies and maybe some soup or chili or something warm. I will try to be up here that day, but we'll see how my new knee is coming along by then. Let's have some double-gun fun!!

For something like this, I really wish I was closer. (And, Mike, how do you have any joints left to replace!? — and a speedy recovery to you!)

Mike Koneski 11-28-2023 08:43 PM

Thanks guys! I go in 12/6, next Wednesday for a total knee replacement. That’ll make it two knees, two hips and a 9” plate in my lower leg! :cool: I’ll be looking forward to no more constant pain sucking air out of my lungs and wearing on me. I’ve been bone-on-bone with all four joints since 2011. As they say on Monty Python, “Get on with it!!” 23 years playing ball and 27 working construction will wear the body out.

CraigThompson 11-28-2023 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 399678)
As they say on Monty Python, “Get on with it!!”

I’d tend to go more with the Knight that was guarding the bridge and after he’d had both legs and I think both arms severed he said and I quote “shall we call it a draw!” :rotf:

Mike Koneski 11-29-2023 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 399686)
I’d tend to go more with the Knight that was guarding the bridge and after he’d had both legs and I think both arms severed he said and I quote “shall we call it a draw!” :rotf:

Black Knight-“Come back here and fight!”

King Arthur-“What you gonna do, bleed on me?”

Mike Koneski 12-10-2023 02:26 PM

Since I’m feeling really good, I’ll most likely be creating my “Tournament Chili” for those coming to enjoy the SxS day on 12/17. I’ll make a big batch but since we have no head count I can’t guarantee enough if we have a really big turn-out. :)

Mike Koneski 12-19-2023 09:11 PM

We had an excellent turnout! 50+ shooters enjoyed the day. They finished off the homemade poppyseed roll and nut roll and almost all of the 20+ pounds of Tournament Chili and fixings!! Might have been 6 bowls left. Maybe two bowls now. BWAHAHAHAHA!!