Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Man's Best Friend (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   A Setter and a Lefever!! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25764)

Mike Koneski 11-21-2018 02:07 PM

A Setter and a Lefever!!

5 Attachment(s)
Had Ms. Callie out again to train at Ringneck Ridge. Let’s just say if Doug Marcaida was evaluating her, he’d say “This dog, she will hunt!” She found, pointed, held on 6 birds. Didn’t retrieve the first four to hand but the last two she did. The Lefever 16g was 6 for 6. A very good day!! Thanks to John Piccotti for his help and expertise with the training.

Mills Morrison 11-21-2018 03:31 PM

Beautiful dog.

Reggie Bishop 11-21-2018 03:31 PM

Love the coloring of that Setter! The gun ain't bad either!

Dean Romig 11-21-2018 05:00 PM

I call her an orange Belton, is that what you call her Mike? Very pretty girl!

Be tough to see her on a snowy day in the scrub oak...

Daryl Corona 11-21-2018 07:22 PM

What a doll! What will she weigh, about 45-55lbs. when mature?

And who is Doug Marcaida?

Garry L Gordon 11-21-2018 10:35 PM

What a beautifully colored setter! Beautiful gun, beautiful dog. Looks like you have some good years to come. Enjoy, and thanks for posting those pictures.

Mike Koneski 11-22-2018 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 258516)
I call her an orange Belton, is that what you call her Mike? Very pretty girl!

Be tough to see her on a snowy day in the scrub oak...

Dean, she's actually a tri-color. She has some black strips on the outside of her ears. As for scrub oak, we don't have any around here. :-)

Mike Koneski 11-22-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daryl Corona (Post 258524)
What a doll! What will she weigh, about 45-55lbs. when mature?

And who is Doug Marcaida?

If she gets to 50 that'll be a lot! We're used to big Setters. We consider her tiny. As for Doug Marcaida, he's a judge on "Forged in Fire", best TV show out there. He is a marshall arts instructor. He specializes in Kali/Eskrima. When he puts the blades through various tests, the response the smiths want to hear is "This blade will kill" or "This blade will cut". The show is on the History Channel, check it out. Smiths come into the forge and must make various assigned bladed weapons in a two @ 3 hour challenges. Then the final 2 smiths have 5 days to forge the final weapon at their home forges. Very cool and educational/entertaining. One of the judges is a custom bladesmith near us, J. Nielsson.

Daryl Corona 11-22-2018 01:13 PM

Good info, I'll check Doug out on FIF. At 50 lbs. she should be the perfect weight for an all day hunt. Looking forward to giving her a scratch behind the ear.

Reggie Bishop 11-22-2018 01:59 PM

I have always preferred small setters here in the South.