Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   CH two barrel set (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20999)

Daniel Leader 03-06-2017 03:23 PM

CH two barrel set

8 Attachment(s)
I am a new member and last year posted a note about this old girl. Health issues have prevented me from posting pictures but here they are. Can anyone help me identify this one and help with the value. Hospital bills are astronomical and I have to part with it but would like some solid info before I sell it. I acquired it from a gentleman in his 70's that said his fathers uncle owned it. I think it dates 1892. Thanks for any info and help you can offer. Dan

Robin Lewis 03-06-2017 03:49 PM

Wow, nice C grade! And with 28 and 36 inch barrels too! What gauge is it? Do you have a letter on it?

Daniel Leader 03-06-2017 04:02 PM

ga

It is a 12 ga and do not have a letter. I have lots more pics if that will help. Just trying to determine value before I list it for sale. I hope it finds a home in this family.

John Dallas 03-06-2017 04:15 PM

Daniel - Nice gun which will get lots of attention, but...

You can't post this gun for sale on the forum unless you join the PGCA. Best $40 you will ever spend

That said, I suspect you are already getting Private message inquiries

Daniel Leader 03-06-2017 04:19 PM

membership

I just sent my membership info off today but didn't know I could post if for sale here, I was going to list it on gunbroker. That's great news I would like it to go to a member who will take care of it. Thanks for the info!

Daniel Leader 03-06-2017 04:38 PM

more pics

4 Attachment(s)
a few more pictures

calvin humburg 03-06-2017 04:52 PM

That is nice, sorry about the health issues hope your better. Sucks that you have to get rid of it. That is a wonderful gun.

Bill Murphy 03-06-2017 05:04 PM

A PGCA letter will add much interest and value to this gun. I can't wait until you offer this great gun for sale. An internet auction would not be as good a way to sell as offering it on this site.

edgarspencer 03-06-2017 05:12 PM

Daniel, A PGCA letter may very well yield a lot of interesting provenance on your gun, as it was quite obviously a special order. Though that serial number is not in the 'book', there are no top lever graded hammer guns made anywhere around the time yours was made, and it clearly looks to be a two barrel set. Anytime we see barrels of that length, it is a flag to look deeper into it's past. Good luck in your recovery. I hope you are able to find a good home for the gun, but do your homework before you let it go, as it is quite valuable.

Craig Larter 03-06-2017 05:23 PM

Very interesting and rare gun thanks so much for posting pictures and your desire to find it a new caretaker. Take your time and do your due diligence. Many members of the PGCA would feel very happy to own such an interesting example. Good luck with your health struggles. Craig