Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Wild Game Recipes (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Mango Curry (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33844)

Andrew Sacco 08-12-2021 10:41 AM

I once watched someone dump a handful of Frito's corn chips into their bowl of chili. WTH? Then I tried it. You will be ruined : )

Mike Koneski 08-12-2021 12:16 PM

Andy, I have learned when it comes to gastronomical delights to never say never.

Andrew Sacco 08-12-2021 01:34 PM

How do you keep your impish figure Mike!??

Mike Koneski 08-12-2021 03:11 PM

Clean living brother. :whistle:

john pulis 08-13-2021 07:16 AM

Desmond Decker, the Skatalites, the Ethiopians, early Ska blending into Reggae: synonymous with jerk chicken, mannish water, and a cold, very cold Red Stripe. I still watch that old James Bond, Dr. No, filmed on the North Coast, Kingston, and the cool in temperature mountains of Manchester. A now long gone era. Scotch bonnet peppers, habaneros, were mixed in varying amounts in most all foods, especially coconut rice. Ya Mon. See ya at the Vintagers.

Mike Koneski 08-13-2021 09:04 AM

John, let’s not forget Dandy Livingstone, Toots and the Maytals, etc…

Mike Koneski 08-13-2021 09:17 AM

Manhattan Clam Chowder

7-10 dozen clams or 3-5 lbs chopped with broth
1 lb bacon chopped
1 medium bag of onions, chopped
3 bags shoe peg corn
2 medium cans yellow corn
2 lg cans crushed tomatoes
6 bell peppers any color, cored and chopped
7 potatoes skinned, cut into small cubes
2 lg cans mushrooms
1 TBS coarse salt
1 TBS ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 cans beer

-In large pot, sauté bacon and onions for 5-10 minutes or until onions are soft
and bacon done.
-Add tomatoes, salt, black pepper, thyme. Bring to boil and reduce heat to
simmer. Simmer 45 minutes covered.
-Add potatoes and bell peppers, simmer 20 minutes covered. Stir occasionally.
-Add corn, mushrooms, clams, clam broth, uncovered and simmer 10-15
minutes. Stir occasionally. Adjust seasonings to taste.

I like to crush crackers into mine and add black pepper and hot sauce.

CraigThompson 08-13-2021 12:31 PM

I like the Manhattan version but think I prefer New England Clam Chowder a skoosh more . The soups/chowders were one of my favorite things about hunting on the Eastern Shore of Maryland every resteraunt over there had their own special secret recipe for Cream of crab soup . I’m a big big fan of Maryland Cream of Crab soups , not so much She Crab Soup however . Yes sir when I hunted in Maine I ate lobster darn near three times every day and when I hunted in Dorchester county MD I ate a lot of crab be it soup , crab cakes , eggs Chesapeake or some other derivative there of . FWIW I’ve been casing the menus of the eateries in Georgetown SC in anticipation ! Sure I enjoy the shooting but the EATING is quite important also :whistle:

Mike Koneski 08-13-2021 01:53 PM

Craig, half the fun of going to the shoots is enjoying the local cuisine. We always had our favorite eateries wherever we went. As for chowder, I prefer the Manhattan style over New England any day. Not saying I won't order NE Style, but if I have my choice it'll be Manhattan style every time. Just like steak, twitching and au poivre.

john pulis 08-13-2021 02:07 PM

Poor Toots, passed from covid. And yes, Livingstone. Thanks Mike.