Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Wild Game Recipes (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Mango Curry (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33844)

CraigThompson 08-08-2021 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie cleveland (Post 340368)
I just cannot eat those hot peppers but my dad would have loved those hot peppers....you boys better order a picture of ice water to put that fire out....charlie

I found Guiness Stout cuts it best and milk second .

Phillip Carr 08-09-2021 12:16 AM

Made the jerk sauce tonight. Meats marinating. Can’t wait. Send that chili recipe also.
Just like my plumbing jobs took me three trips to the store to get the stuff. LOL.

Phillip Carr 08-10-2021 07:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The recipe turned out great. Marinated some steaks for about 24 hours. Served these up with some Mexican street corn. Excellent.
Now for that Chile recipe.

Mike Koneski 08-10-2021 10:43 PM

Cincinnati Chili

2 TBSP butter
2 lb ground critter
6 bay leaves
1 lg onion finely chopped
6 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp cocoa per lb of meat
1 TBSP star anise or 1 tsp anise extract
4 tsp vinegar
1 tsp dried crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp coarse salt
2 TBSP pure ground red chili
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 C packed brown sugar
1 @ 6 oz can tomato paste

Cooked pasta or rice
1/2 C grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 pint sour cream

1)Melt butter in large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add meat and cook, break up lumps and stir occasionally until browned. Drain off fat.

2)Stir in remaining ingredients through tomato paste. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Add vinegar if too sweet and ground chili if not spicy enough.

3)Bring mixture to boil while stirring ,then lower heat to a simmer for 2-4 hours depending on the size of your recipe. If using a crock pot cover and simmer on high for two hours. If cooking on a stove uncover and stir occasionally.

4)Place a small amount of cooked pasta or rice in a bowl , spoon on a generous portion of chili (this is chili one way). Add grated cheese (two way), onion (three way) and/or sour cream (four way). Rice works better when serving a large group.

Enjoy this gastronomical delight with some hardy dark bread.

Phillip Carr 08-11-2021 12:32 AM

Thanks Mike looks like a great recipe.

Mike Koneski 08-11-2021 02:14 PM

It's my favorite chili recipe. I make it for large groups with maybe 12-16 lbs of ground critter. Just adjust the rest of the ingredients for every two additional pounds of critter. If you like spicy chili just add extra hot pepper. This stuff will warm you up. It really smells good cooking with all the different spices and seasonings.

Mike Koneski 08-12-2021 10:24 AM

Anyone interested in Manhattan Clam Chowder?

Phillip Carr 08-12-2021 10:38 AM

I am. Thanks Mike

Mike Koneski 08-12-2021 10:55 AM

I'll get that up today Phil. My dad used to make a huge pot of it every year and it would not last very long.

Mike Koneski 08-12-2021 11:21 AM

With hunting seasons coming up I also have a venison liver pate recipe that is killer!!