Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Wild Game Recipes (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Mango Curry (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33844)

Mike Koneski 08-05-2021 07:55 PM

Jerk Sauce

-4-12 habaneros stemmed and cut in half
-1 medium onion , coarsely chopped
-1/2 C coarsely chopped shallots
-2 bunches of chives or scallions trimmed and coarsely chopped
-4 cloves garlic coarsely chopped
-1/2 C coarsely chopped parsley
-2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
-2 TBS coarse salt
-1 TBS fresh thyme or 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
-2 tsp ground allspice
-1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
-1/4 tsp ground cloves
-1/4 C fresh lime juice
-1/4 C vegetable oil
-1/4 C packed dark brown sugar
-2 TBS soy sauce
-1/4 C cold water or more if needed

Combine chilies, onion, shallots, chives, garlic, parsley, cilantro, ginger, salt, thyme and spices in processor and process to a coarse paste. Add remaining ingredients including water 1 TBS at a time, processing to mix into a thick, spreadable paste. I poke the meat with a skewer then rub the paste onto the meat. Keep in a glass container in the fridge or vacuum pack it. I find vacuum packing works best. Allow it to marinate for at least 12 hours then grill. Enjoy with some natty reggae or ska, mon!! I recommend The Specials, The English Beat or Desmond Dekker and the Aces.

Phillip Carr 08-05-2021 08:31 PM

Headed to the store tomorrow to gather the goodies to make this recipe this weekend.
Thanks Mike

Mike Koneski 08-05-2021 08:35 PM

As you can tell by the habanero ingredient, milder is four, professional taste buds will use 12. It is REALLY good!

Andrew Sacco 08-05-2021 08:39 PM

So you use 38 habby's right Mike?

Mike Koneski 08-05-2021 08:53 PM

14 Carolina Reapers!! ��

Our friend Jack Remington of Remington’s Restaurant would “spice up” my jambalaya with a Carolina Reaper sauce.

CraigThompson 08-05-2021 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 340134)
14 Carolina Reapers!! ��

Our friend Jack Remington of Remington’s Restaurant would “spice up” my jambalaya with a Carolina Reaper sauce.

I had some right bumpin jambalaya at I think it’s called Gin’s up there in your neck of the woods Friday night ! Right surprising food for what I thought was a regular old PA beer joint :whistle:

CraigThompson 08-05-2021 09:53 PM

Few years back I’d grow my own jalapeños and habeneros. I’d take them to work uncooked and eat a couple with lunch and of course bring a few extra if someone wanted to try one . Five of us were eating lunch and a little Mexican girl came over to our table and asked if she could try one of the peppers , she chose a small orange habenero . She bit half of it off and swallowed it then almost immediately turned and said we were F..cking CRAZY to eat those things LOL’s and I thought Mexican folks liked hot food :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Mike Koneski 08-06-2021 08:28 AM

Years ago when I was working construction in the family business, I grew some habaneros. I took a few to work one day and decided to mess with the roofers. I told the one guy that they were dwarf sweet bell peppers. He took one, pulled the stem off and chomped it down. Not only did our crew get a good laugh but we were pointing and laughing as his eyes were sweating profusely!! 😂😂😂 Good times, good times.

Mike Koneski 08-08-2021 01:59 PM

If you like this Jamaican Jerk sauce and you're really nice, I can share my Cincinnatti Chili recipe. Just sayin'. :whistle:

charlie cleveland 08-08-2021 05:59 PM

I just cannot eat those hot peppers but my dad would have loved those hot peppers....you boys better order a picture of ice water to put that fire out....charlie