Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Website & Forum - Help & Assistance (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   membership (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14752)

Rich Anderson 11-10-2014 09:23 AM

membership

I see I have a new designation on my Avatar, Forum assoc. My membership wasn't due until December 1st. Getting the cart ahead of the horse aren't we?

John Dunkle 11-10-2014 10:46 AM

Hey Rich,

Mary and I do the best we can keeping PayPal payments in sync with Mary's Membership listing. Sorry to disappoint you in that regard.

- John

Rich Anderson 11-10-2014 10:57 AM

Thanks for the reply John. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter. I have been informed by certain "life" members that the annual member isn't committed to the PGCA so after 12 years of non committed annual membership I guess I just wasn't committed enough to write a check and when a FORUM member can pitch a bitch about MY Avatar and gets it changed it speaks volumes about the role/value of the annual member. I believe I'll give my new status or lack thereof a try for a while.:)

John Dunkle 11-10-2014 05:53 PM

Edit - and now open.......

You know what Rich?

The more I think about your post above - the more it infuriates me.. Can you PM me the names of the life members that said that - as I'd love to have a conversation with them.

In my world - this organization is about all the Members - lifers, annual members - and YES - even collectors that contribute on this forum each and every day...

Heck - I started as an annual Member - and then joined for "life" (I looked up the life insurance acquity table - and was assured I'd live a long life ;) )

That anyone would tell you "..that the annual member isn't committed to the PGCA.." goes against my grain and my belief as to what the PGCA is to all... Hell - I run this site - volunteer my time, software and all - each and every day. I get the other jobs of reconciling Member dates between Mary and I several times a day - and get to handle phone calls from folks who are confused about this site (several times a week) - or e-mail me to bitch and moan about something in this community. I also have the dis-honor of banning folks on rare occasions - and getting to handle their diatribes after the fact.

Yes - the PGCA pays for 1/4 of my Internet Connections costs - but I pay for the rest - out of my own pocket... So, I think I'm right in saying - if anyone says Annual Members - and ANYONE isn't about the PGCA - PM me their name. I'd be delighted to call them personally.

At the same time - I can and will tell you - I'm not on the BOD (nor pretend to be). If you want an active voice - step forward and just "do it". Not that I'm a great example - but, that's what I did? And now look at me - OK - so I have no life...

Carry on - and don't you dare leave the PGCA thinking any/or EVERY Member doesn't count.

Just from my end of the telescope.

- John

Rich Anderson 11-10-2014 07:39 PM

PM sent.

Dean Romig 11-10-2014 07:50 PM

PM sent also.

John Dunkle 11-10-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Anderson (Post 150789)
PM sent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 150792)
PM sent also.

Many thanks guys!

Will give you both a call tomorrow, OK?

Best to each and both of you!

- John

Dean Romig 11-10-2014 08:07 PM

Thanks John.

Incidentally, if you would like to forward my PM to Rich Anderson, please feel free to do so.

Best, Dean

John Dunkle 11-11-2014 06:46 PM

Thanks for the candid conversations today, both Rich and Dean.

My best,

John