Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   PGCA Member Questions & Announcements (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2019 Annual Silent Auction (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27930)

Dean Romig 08-14-2019 11:35 AM

2019 Annual Silent Auction

Dear Friends and Members of the Parker Gun Collector's Association

The 2019 PGCA Silent Auction will be held at our Annual Meeting and Banquet on Saturday night, September 21 which is announced elsewhere on this PGCA Forum. Due to the support from both PGCA Members and businesses that specialize in sporting related products the Silent Auction has been extremely successful in generating much needed revenue to help defray the ever increasing costs of operating this fine organization.

The items to be donated need not be new; just something you think might be of interest to your fellow PGCA members. In the past some of the best items were handmade items from some of our talented members. Please look around at your accumulations of shooting and sporting equipment for items you thought you needed but find you can now do without and contact either Dean Romig or Larry Frey for a shipping address. The auction is a benefit to our entire membership and we thank you for your continued support.

In past years PGCA member businesses have donated terrific hunting trips to various parts of the country for pheasants, grouse, woodcock, turkeys, hogs, alligators and so on. Other businesses have contributed some of the finest clothing, shoes, luggage, cases, knives, books, subscriptions, you name it - somebody has probably contributed something like it for the Silent Auction.

And some members have contributed items from their own gun rooms and collections.

Each and every item donated will need to be evaluated and cataloged so please get them to Larry or myself as soon as you can to be sure it gets into the Silent Auction.

Hoping to hear from all of you!!

Mills Morrison 08-14-2019 12:40 PM

Thanks to Dean and Larry for taking charge of this! It will be fun! I will find something to donate

Dean Romig 08-14-2019 02:29 PM

Correction made to my initial post.... we do not have a VH donated this year.... yet.

That donated VH was from last year's auction

Mills Morrison 08-14-2019 02:30 PM

Dang! I was getting excited

Dean Romig 08-14-2019 02:32 PM

You must have a Parker you can donate Mills, don't you? :whistle:

Dean Romig 08-14-2019 02:52 PM

I have several items I will donate to the auction. I'll list them here when I get a tally of what I'll donate.

Eric Eis 08-14-2019 03:05 PM

Are we going to allow members that can't attend to send in a bid by email? Might help increase the bids

Dean Romig 08-14-2019 03:42 PM

As we have adopted in the last year or two, we allow a proxy bid or bidder.

Eric Eis 08-15-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 279175)
As we have adopted in the last year or two, we allow a proxy bid or bidder.

Dean can you explain how one goes about putting in a proxy bid?

Dean Romig 08-15-2019 03:58 PM

You arrange with someone who will be there to bid for you up to the limit you set. Your proxy, should you win the item, will need to pay for it when he takes posession of it.