Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Single Barrel Trap Shotguns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Southern Side by Side and SB shoot? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4324)

Mike Franzen 05-13-2011 01:28 AM

Southern Side by Side and SB shoot?

Maybe we could get the boys at the Southern to include SBT's in a shoot. Maybe have a Parker vs LC Smith SBT competition. Anythig that gives me another excuse for having to take a shooting trip and I'm in...:)

FRANK HALSEY 05-13-2011 11:14 PM

I WOULD BE IN, IN A HEART BEAT. I SHOOT MY SBT ALL THE TIME. NICE IDEA. FRANK

Mike Franzen 05-14-2011 12:35 AM

There are some really nice SBT's from several makers. Wouldn't it be nice to see a bunch of Parkers, LC's, Ithica's etc, doing battle again. I'll bet a shoot like that would bring out some old guns that haven't seen the light of day in decades. I'll bet with the right people behind it we could have one! Talk about nostalgia...

Bill Murphy 05-15-2011 09:55 AM

I don't know whether Ernie has a single trap event on the program at the Northeast Shoot, but he has in the past.

charlie cleveland 05-15-2011 10:16 AM

hope you fellas get a shoot set up...would be interesting to see... i like those single barrels my self dont have a parker single yet...but someday.. charlie

Jim Thynne 08-15-2011 02:13 PM

Parkervs. LC Smith single barrel challenge

In October the So. California SxS has always had a Parker vs. Smith Single Barrel Challenge.
This will take place at Prado gun club near Los Angeles, and the winner will be placed on the trophy on display at Ivory Beads, in Covina California.
The first three years L.C. Smith was the winner, and last year Parker won the honors.
Shooters may enter by calling Jim Thynne toll free at 888-328-0700.

The last shoot displayed nearly 100 vintage Single Trap Guns from the United Sates, England, and Europe.
If you are traveling to the area,or wish to join the festivities please join us.

David Dwyer 08-15-2011 02:26 PM

Gentlemen
Tom Carter has arranged with Rick Hemmingway for a SBT shoot at the Fall Southern. I think Tom has a post on here somewhere.
David

Bill Murphy 08-15-2011 03:14 PM

I missed Rick's shoot last year. I hope to attend this year. Rick is one great guy, sets the targets at the Parker versus L.C.Smith shoot at the North Carolina Southern Side by Side, just works his butt off. He is interested in great targets, hosts the South Carolina State NSCA Shoot at his facility.

Robin Lewis 08-15-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Thynne (Post 48485)
In October the So. California SxS has always had a Parker vs. Smith Single Barrel Challenge.
This will take place at Prado gun club near Los Angeles, and the winner will be placed on the trophy on display at Ivory Beads, in Covina California.
The first three years L.C. Smith was the winner, and last year Parker won the honors.
Shooters may enter by calling Jim Thynne toll free at 888-328-0700.

The last shoot displayed nearly 100 vintage Single Trap Guns from the United Sates, England, and Europe.
If you are traveling to the area,or wish to join the festivities please join us.

This is the first time I have heard of this shoot, has it ever been written up in Parker pages? I would like to learn more about this even though I am on the other coast. It would be nice to see left coast events in Parker Pages, with some pictures of what is going on out there!

Gary Carmichael Sr 09-02-2011 08:50 PM

David when is the fall Southern Side by side?