Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Single Barrel Trap Shotguns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Release trigger (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15035)

CraigThompson 12-14-2014 07:18 PM

Release trigger

Is it safe to assume Parker never sent a SBT from the factory with a release trigger ?

And how difficult is it normally to change a SBT back to a pull trigger if you buy one with a release trigger .

John Hancock 12-16-2014 08:40 AM

Likely it wouldn't be too much trouble to bring the gun back to a pull trigger. Most conversions simply add a "hook" to the trigger to "catch" the hammer and then let it go when relaxing tension on the trigger. The pulling of the trigger still releases the hammer by raising the sear, but the hook catches the hammer. Often one can just do away with the "hook", cutting it off ect. and then adjusting the pull weight if needed. I would guess that you would spend $150 to $300 with a gunsmith and would suggest Phillips gunsmithing here Texas. He does a lot of trigger work for the trap shooting folks. Am not saying what Phillip would charge you, but from what I know of his rates I think my guess would be in line. Hope this helps. JH

Bill Murphy 12-16-2014 10:20 AM

Some release triggers can be deactivated at home, if you can get the gun apart. trapshooters.com forum is where the release trigger guys hang out. Ask over there.

CraigThompson 12-16-2014 10:34 AM

That sounds simple enough !

Just talked with my gunsmith buddy and he says he's done something relatively similar but not to a Parker in the past .

I was initially thinking I would need to remove a couple parts and replace them but this doesn't sound so bad .

CraigThompson 12-16-2014 10:42 AM

I feel for the people that need to shoot a release trigger be it trap or skeet !

A friend had a Perazzi TM1 a few years back with a release and I tried shooting it !

And as you can imagine it was a "Charlie Foxtrot". -Edited

Think I shot 6-12 feet over the bird when I "released" the trigger . That was one of the most unnatural feeling things I had ever done with a gun !

Chuck Bishop 12-16-2014 11:25 AM

Craig, if you take out the release parts, can I have them?

CraigThompson 12-16-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop (Post 153359)
Craig, if you take out the release parts, can I have them?

Gotta get the gun first !

Bill Murphy 12-16-2014 01:21 PM

Craig, why not let Chuck buy the gun? He is flush with cash since selling his great DHE 12 gauge at the Julia auction.

Mike Franzen 12-16-2014 04:17 PM

What about Craig's question re: did the factory produce guns with release triggers?

Chuck Bishop 12-16-2014 04:22 PM

Bill, that's funny right there! I already have a SBT but it sure would be nice to be able to shoot it with a release left handed. I've shot trap with a release for 30+ years left handed. Switching back to right handed pull is not something that is easy to do once your used to a release. If I shoot trap right handed pull, I flinch 90% of the time. I wish my bank account is as big as you think it is:nono::nono: