Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Paul Jaeger - Parker Custom GH (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13646)

Bruce Day 06-09-2014 07:59 AM

That is likely a reasonable market value for a G with Belgium replacement barrels, however, our gun dealer member Ed appears to be interested at an enhanced price. Ed is allied with a gunsmith and has enhanced many guns for re-sale.

Good luck with a sale.

Brian Dudley 06-09-2014 08:23 AM

And that sounds like a top retail price for such a gun.

William Davis 06-09-2014 08:57 AM

If you would like example from a buyer

I bought a nicely restored # 1 frame Damascus GH from a individual at the Southern. Letters as unaltered except for refinished barrel & stock. $ 1850. Will shoot it am not a collector. Dealer no doubt would have asked more.

Would not have been interested in any re-barreled or cleaned out barrel gun as a shooter, unless I knew the gun and shop very well. I am very cautious when it comes to guns that have been worked on. Letter from a known Parker Gunsmith fine, general Shotgun shop, not for me.

Somebody else may have a different opinion.

Bill

Brian Dudley 06-09-2014 09:00 AM

I personally believe that a gun with a good high quality sleeve job is worth more to most buyers than one with an aftermarket barrel. At least with a sleeve job, the original ribs are used and rib extension fit is good as well. And a quality job is very hard to detect.

But as we all know, even a sleeved gun is not worth anywhere near what an original gun is.

William Davis 06-09-2014 10:04 AM

Brian I saw a sleeved long barrel hammer gun with good stock dimensions, done by a well known shop a few weeks ago, I would have loved to own it as a shooter, not for sale however. Considering how hard it is to find a nice hammer gun with long barrels and a stock you could shoot nothing would have held me back from buying, & paying more than a comparable collector grade Hammer Parker.

That’s just me.

Bill

Brian Dudley 06-09-2014 11:07 AM

Mr. Davis,

I agree with you 100% in that this gun, like you hammer gun you mention is in the category of being worth what the buyer is willing to spend. It is 100% determined by the market and the potential buyer. Not by any collector or book/condition standard.

Destry L. Hoffard 06-10-2014 02:39 PM

Better contact Ed on this one, sounds like he's a buyer at a big figure. There was a similar GH with aftermarket tubes at our local Cabelas a couple years ago for $1200 and it sat a long time.

Destry

Bill Murphy 06-11-2014 09:24 AM

The fit and finish, identified barrel steel, and maker provenance puts this gun a few steps above an Armaf rebarrel. From examining many photographs of guns with mysterious shadows, I suspect that the doll's head fit may be better than it appears in the picture of this GH.

Robert Delk 06-11-2014 09:43 AM

I heard of a high grade Parker with a rebarrel,or maybe it was an extra set, done by one of the high end English firms many years ago. Anyone have any info on that gun?

Bill Murphy 06-11-2014 11:32 AM

Robert, such guns are numerous but not often seen on the collector market.