Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Smith-Parker Main Challenge!! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33128)

Mike Koneski 04-24-2021 05:54 PM

Smith-Parker Main Challenge!!

How about that Team Parker!! Win the 20g and 16g Challenge on Friday and today we win the Main Challenge 150-135!!

Photos and more info to follow!

Stan Hoover 04-24-2021 08:55 PM

Way to go Team Parker,

Wish I would have been able to stay and watch, thanks for posting Mike. This was the most fun weekend I've enjoyed in a great while.

Stan Hoover

Mills Morrison 04-24-2021 08:59 PM

Tomorrow . . . The hammer gun trophy!

CraigThompson 04-25-2021 08:40 PM

I must say Wednesday thru Sunday were entertaining to say the least ! Next year if I’m able to attend I’m going to bring LESS stuff :rotf:

Dean Romig 04-25-2021 09:43 PM

Just remember, when you don't bring it is the only time you'll need it.

CraigThompson 04-25-2021 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 332894)
Just remember, when you don't bring it is the only time you'll need it.

We;; I brought open choked guns for the course and tighter ones for the 5 stand . Turned out I did better all around with the tighter chokes on the course and the 5 stand . So next year several will be left home . When I unpacked today I had 20 cases on the floor granted several i brought to sell and never tried to move them , one was returned after a small repair job and two were added to the pile this weekend still a number well below ten would be great .

Bill Murphy 04-26-2021 04:55 AM

Craig's comment about his success shooting tight bored guns reminds me to mention some history of tight bored guns and their recent popularity. Years ago, at the Parker-L.C.Smith challenge, we found that Rick Hemmingway was giving us some long, long, birds as part of the competition. We quickly gave up lightly choked bird guns and went on a search for 32" tight choked guns. In a short time, these 32" guns became the gun of choice and they became popular on the used gun market. The popularity of the Challenge whetted the popularity of the big guns and the rest is history. The 32" gun is now selling for more than any other barrel length and in regular use on the sporting clays course, as well as at the Parker-L.C.Smith Challenge.

Frank Srebro 04-26-2021 06:19 AM

I see that Mike Koneski our friendly PP co-editor won the Main Event/hammerless and Ripon Cup with a score of 75 ex 80. Woohoo! Was that with your 32" Live Bird gun?

Chuck Bishop 04-26-2021 07:38 AM

I'm sure he will be along soon to tell us about it.

Daryl Corona 04-26-2021 08:11 AM

Like Frank I'd like to know the outcome of the main. I'm not so much interested in the scores but with what guns they shot, the chokes and the loads used. After all these events are about the guns not about the shooters. Not to take anything away from the accomplished shooting that some of them were able to achieve but I know that the first time I attended one it was to look at guns.