Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   PGCA Member Questions & Announcements (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Research Letter Transition (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7000)

Mark Conrad 05-02-2012 09:04 AM

Research Letter Transition

Chuck Bishop will be replacing me as the Research Chairmen next week. You may have noticed the new research letter form has Chuck's P. O. Box in Harrisburg, PA. The records will be transferred to Chuck Monday, May 7,2012. Chuck and I have been working on this move since February.

Chuck retired last year and asked if he could get more involved with the PGCA. The BOD explored this with Chuck and agreed he would be perfect for the research letter position. While I have enjoyed doing the research letters over the last 8 years, I had expressed an interest to the BOD in passing it off to someone else. Chuck has a vast knowledge of Parker shotguns will make a great reseacher.

I put in a forwarding address request with the Post Office for the P. O. Box in Virginia Beach effective today (May 2, 2012). Research letters that are in the mail now will be forwarded to Chuck's address. It will take Chuck a few days to get set up after he receives the records.

Mark

Mark Ouellette 05-02-2012 09:41 AM

Mark,

Thanks for all you hard work!!!

Respectfully,
Mark

Larry Frey 05-02-2012 10:10 AM

I would like to say that there is no one that has worked harder for the benefit of the PGCA than Mark Conrad. From his work as a Director to conceiving and developing the Parker/LC Smith Challenge to the countless hours he spent researching and writing our PGCA research letters his dedication to this organization is unmatched. Mark thank you for all you’ve done and I hope you now have more quality time to spend fishing and driving you new toys.

Bill Murphy 05-02-2012 11:23 AM

Mark was also a key member of the 1998 PGCA Research Committee that copied the Parker Brothers records at the Remington Archives. His knowledge of the records is unquestioned.

charlie cleveland 05-02-2012 01:28 PM

thanks MARK for your quality work on these letters....i think you have chosen a fine replacement....with out all you fellas i could not be thanking yall now....charlie cleveland

Chuck Bishop 05-02-2012 01:49 PM

I first want to start by saying thank you to the PGCA Board of Directors for putting their trust in me to continue the fine work done by Mark Conrad and before him, Ron Kirby. This is going a learning curve for me so please be understanding if you don’t get your letter back in the time frame you’ve been accustomed to. Hopefully that time frame will get back to normal quickly.

Secondly, I’d like to thank Mark Conrad for all the work he’s done for the PGCA in his capacities as Research Chairman, BOD member, and the Parker/L.C. Smith challenge. Hopefully Mark will now be able to enjoy some of his many other hobbies along with his Parker addiction. I want to especially thank him for the guidance he’s given me and the time he’s spent with me as a mentor. He’s offered to help me with any problems I may have in the future and I really appreciate that. Thanks Mark.

I do however need to set up some guidelines because let’s face it, it’s a volunteer job that is going to take time out of my home life.

1. Please do not call me for research questions. I know some of you may find my number and want to call me if you’re at a gun show or some other place and need some quick information. This would impact the quality of my home life. My suggestion would be to buy the Sterilization Book. I will however provide you with an e-mail for questions. If I feel it is necessary to talk to you, I’ll make that decision.

2. You can send questions via e-mail to: pgca_research@comcast.net I check e-mail multiple times a day when I’m home.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation,

Chuck Bishop

Chuck Bishop 05-02-2012 01:54 PM

For some reason, that e-mail address is totally underlined and does not show the underscore that's between the a and the r.

It should be like this. I'll leave out everything from the @ sign.

pgca_research

Dean Romig 05-02-2012 04:46 PM

Thank you Mark for your diligence and determination in providing the most accurate research letter possible to the Parker Gun community. We appreciate all you have done for the PGCA both on the research letters as well as all of your work with the Challenge Cup.

Dave Suponski 05-02-2012 06:55 PM

Mark, You took this task on in a time that was full of transition and unsureness. Not only did you get it back on track you brought the research letters to another level.Somehow saying thanks just doesn't seem enough. Anyway you have my deep appreciation for all you have done for our members and the PGCA as an organization. We would have been much less without your help.

Chuck, Thank you so much for taking on this most important task. I am sure you never would have suspected that your willingness to increase your involvement within the PGCA was going to lead to this! Best of luck and if there is anything I can do to help with your transition just ask.

Chuck Bishop 05-02-2012 07:04 PM

Dave,

I have no one to blame except you:whistle: If I screw up, I'll just say, "Dave said it was OK.":p