Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Case For My 16 Ga. Hammer Gun (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8821)

edgarspencer 12-05-2012 08:48 AM

Case For My 16 Ga. Hammer Gun

4 Attachment(s)
Every original Parker box I've looked at has been a total relic, so I decided to make my own. I took some liberties, but since I've never seen 2 alike, I figured there wasn't any rule to go by. I made 2 of these mahogany boxes 20+ years ago, but never finished them off on the inside. The corners are box jointed, but I've never seen box joints on an original. I stole the label image off the internet just to see what it would look like, but will buy one from CSMC when I can get over there. I can't see paying $10 for them to mail me one.
The lining cloth is billiard table material, Olive green. Maybe the Hoppes bottle and tin patch can aren't period correct, but they're cute and I liked them.

charlie cleveland 12-05-2012 09:51 AM

i sure dont see nothing wrong with it..i really like it makes the gunstand out to me...you should be building these cases for all us parker boys...really great... charlie

Rick Losey 12-05-2012 10:04 AM

nice work - that really looks sharp

Gary Carmichael Sr 12-05-2012 10:08 AM

Edgar, I agree with Charlie, you need to start making some of those cases, bet you could sell a few right here, I sure would be in line! Gary

edgarspencer 12-05-2012 11:18 AM

Thanks guys. I am moderately pleased with it, but may do another one, in walnut. I see things that I'd do differently, and would use this one as a learning experience. It's an old people thing I guess, but I'm more patient than I was when I was young and knew it all. I can work in metal to 5 tenths, but in the past in wood, The best I could do was +/- 1/4" , at best. My dad was a very qualified woodworker, strictly as a hobby. I have a lot of his old tools, but my most used woodworking tools are my chainsaws and a baseball bat.

Dave Suponski 12-05-2012 12:01 PM

Edger, That case is fantastic. Very nice work. I'll take one for my hammergun. Please don,t be so modest I have seen things you've done in wood....:rolleyes:

Dennis V. Nix 12-05-2012 12:18 PM

Edgar, I agree with the other posters. That is absolutely fantastic workmanship. I wish I had your talent instead of charm and incredible good looks. I am sure some of the PGCA people would love to purchase your cases. May I suggest you make a case for next years annual raffle gun. I bet it would add to the number of tickets sold.

George M. Purtill 12-05-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis V. Nix (Post 88016)
I wish I had your talent instead of charm and incredible good looks.

Are you hinting that Egger doesn't have charm and good looks?

Dennis V. Nix 12-05-2012 02:43 PM

Nope. Only that I have the charm and good looks but wish I had his talent. Having never seen him nor anyone else on the PGCA forum I couldn't comment on anybody else's looks at all. Ha...

Dave Suponski 12-05-2012 03:47 PM

I think I'll just shut up now...:whistle: