Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2020 Southern SXS April 23-26 (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28947)

Mills Morrison 01-02-2020 02:50 PM

2020 Southern SXS April 23-26

4 Attachment(s)
The 21st Annual Spring Southern Side by Side Classic will take place on April 23-26, 2020 (Thursday to Sunday), at Deep River Sporting Clays and Shooting School! PGCA will hold its annual meeting on Friday evening, April 24, at the Carolina Trace Country Club. The Third Annual American Classics Youth Shoot will take place on Saturday. Also, Team Parker will line up once again against Team L. C. Smith for the 17th Annual Smith-Parker Challenge and it is never too early to begin practicing and deciding which gun(s) you will take. After three years of Parker victories, I hear the L.C. Smith shooters are getting restless and practicing extra hard to take back the trophy! We need some crack shooters to join Team Parker to beat Team L.C. Smith again in the Parker Smith Challenge. We need you to bring your hammer guns as well to get the hammer gun trophy where it belongs in Team Parker’s hands. There will be plenty of shooting and lots of guns and shooting merchandise in the tents to add to your collection too. Stay tuned for further announcements in Parker Pages and on the Parker forum. Also, you can check out www.southernsidebyside.com/the-spring-classic for information on vendors, sponsors and non-Parker related events.

The PGCA has obtained a block of rooms at the Hampton Inn in Sanford, NC for the Southern Side by Side Event and PGCA Annual Meeting. The hotel address and phone number are the following:

Hampton Inn Sanford
1904 South Horner Blvd.
Sanford, NC 27330
919-775-2000

Reservations can be made by calling the Hilton reservations line at 1-800-446-6677, calling the hotel directly at (919)775-2000, or using the Hilton Honors app!

Provide the group code PGC which stands for Parker Gun Collectors.

The room rate is $119.00/night for a double queen or standard king bedrooms
The last day for your guests to book a reservation under the group rates will be Wednesday, April 1, 2020.

If you have any questions please contact the Hampton Inn.

Feel free to PM me for more info.

Brian Dudley 01-03-2020 07:33 AM

Is there a hotel block set up yet?

Randy G Roberts 01-03-2020 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 289191)
Is there a hotel block set up yet?

As of about a week ago at the Hampton it was not set up. I was advised to make my reservation and then when the block was set up I would be added to that and receive the block rate.

Tom Wooden 01-03-2020 10:37 AM

I will be contacting the Hampton Inn today to set up the room block which typically takes them a couple of days to set up. I will post it to this thread when it complete.

matt koepnick 01-08-2020 07:47 PM

Hi guys. This will be my maiden voyage for this fabulous event. Beg my pardon but Hampton inn in what city? .. prob a silly question. I'm sure more will follow..Thanks. Matt k.

John Davis 01-08-2020 07:57 PM

Hampton Inn, Sanford, NC

Randy G Roberts 01-08-2020 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt koepnick (Post 289817)
Hi guys. This will be my maiden voyage for this fabulous event. Beg my pardon but Hampton inn in what city? .. prob a silly question. I'm sure more will follow..Thanks. Matt k.

You're gonna like it. It's the best IMO.

Mills Morrison 01-09-2020 01:44 PM

I came once and have come back every year since, just like a lot of our regular attendees.

It is addictive.

Rich Anderson 01-10-2020 05:28 PM

I love the Southern best dam gun show there is. My goal is to come, see and remain financially intact:whistle:. I did it last year for the first time:shock:

Bill Murphy 01-10-2020 05:39 PM

I'm a first year attendee, but have missed a year or three along the line. I hope to get back this year to defend my first year .410 event win.