Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question on trouble Parker parts (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29627)

Mike Koneski 03-10-2020 08:16 PM

Question on trouble Parker parts

I have a good friend who is a machinist. He wants to know if anyone has any specs for Parker firing pins. He is willing to make them, all he needs are the specs for whatever iterations of firing pins there are for hammer and hammerless guns. He is also willing to make any other problem parts, hammers, screws, etc. If anyone has the specs, please send them to me. If anyone has any interest in parts, please let me know. He's looking to gauge shooter/collector interest in replacement parts. THX!!

Rick Losey 03-10-2020 08:23 PM

Working from faded memory here

But didn’t some one advertise them in the Parker Pages a while back?

May have been a different part,

Brian Dudley 03-10-2020 08:34 PM

See my reply on the other thread about this.

Channing Will 03-10-2020 08:34 PM

I think most everyone here would love seeing spare parts being made. It would be awesome if the Parker Repro parts ever surfaced, but they were supposedly damaged or destroyed. That being said, IMHO even with modern CNC it’s not something that makes a lot of sense due to the low volume and high cost of custom fixtures, programming and tooling. Simple turned parts can be made economically on a lathe or Swiss screw machine but there aren’t many simple rounds parts from a Parker that are in short supply and high demand. There are still old parts and guns being parted out every day for major components. Galazan used to offer more commodity like items such as screws, since these are always buggered up it seems. I think a lot of us would love to see new sets of barrels available, but Simmons and a few others recently tried this and it wasn’t successful or economical for a variety of reasons.

Dean Romig 03-10-2020 09:39 PM

Both Breda Machine and Brian Dudley either make Parker Parts, or do reverse engineering of parts, or have access to Parker parts. There is no shortage.

As far as firing pins for hammerless Parkers goes, the firing pin and the hammer are one integral part and almost never break.

Bruce Day 03-10-2020 09:59 PM

Was not Tom Carter making plungers ( firing pins) for those who needed them for external hammer Parkers ? The lifter action guns had an offset pin plunger that is known to break. I have not known the straight plungers of top action guns to break.

Internal hammer Parkers do not have firing pins.

Ed Morgan made a supply of safety link jackets.

Dean Romig 03-10-2020 10:04 PM

Dave Purnell in Maryland was making the offset pins but Brian, by mutual agreement, took over that project. Tom Carter makes the hammer screws.